“Awesome evening”
Review of Market Bistro

Market Bistro
Ranked #2 of 201 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small, family run, informal bistro with an emphasis on casual dining using local, sustainable produce. Owned and loved by chef owner Richard and his wife Lucy.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Visited with a client for a quick meal and ended up at a Praise the Pig event which was absolutely fantastic. The overall presentation and ambience of the restaurant was superb and the hosts and their staff made us feel extremely welcome; including spending time with us to chat at various times throughout the evening. Based on this, albeit one off, evening I will definitely be returning to sample the restaurant menu - love the fresh local produce and the expertise shown by the kitchen staff.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The welcome was warm and friendly. The menu covered all the bases and when the food arrived it was beautifully presented and cooked. We had a lovely evening. The only criticism is that the starter arrived before we had finished our G&T's and the service although impeccably done was a bit rushed.
Maybe they had a second sitting arriving for our table.
Note to management: slow down a bit, the timing is what sets a good restaurant apart from a great one.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visited many times and really impressed with food quality and friendly service. The chef sources local produce before transforming it into memorable meals, both in taste and presentaion.
Definitely our favourite restaurant, particularly for special occasions.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited for the first time last Friday evening and after all the reviews had pretty high expectations and they were certainly met!

Very happy to find a place like this in King's Lynn! First thing you will notice is the decor of the place which is modern and smart, but still welcoming and warm.

Next up you are greeted by one of the wonderful waiting staff who will take you to your table and give menus and give you complimentary home-made bread. The restaurant was pretty busy, but you always felt that the waitresses had time for you and nothing felt rushed.

We skipped starters (I had my eye on a dessert!) and went straight into mains, I ordered Praise the Pork, with a carafe of wine! Excellent food well presented, and with GRAVY! Being northern this was excellent is an often missed detail. The black pudding gratin was delicious as well. If I had a minor criticism it would be the wooden block it was served on, which of course looked great, but the gravy would roll into the grooves and you would 'lose' it... so this wasn't great and bit frustrating. Would have preferred to have it on a rectangle plate or something so it could still maintain the presentation.

My wife had the fish pie and loved it too!

For dessert I had the rhubarb, which was served with delicious panna cotta and rhubarb sorbet and it was excellent! My wife had the chocolate delice thing which looked stunning but it was a bit too heavy and rich for us. Very nice but got a bit sickly after a while. I'm sure choco-holics will ADORE this pudding, so this was more a bad choice by us than the actual pudding!

Overall this was a great evening and a delicious meal and I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Marivo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was the first time we had dined at this restaurant with friends, the service and food were all very good, we had just a few niggles, my friends wife decided to have the ham hock starter with toast, the toast was so hard she had to leave it as it nearly broke her tooth.
Also perhaps the water jug could have ice and some lemon added for freshness, and maybe to add to the coffee's some after mints to make it more enjoyable.

1  Thank SONAS55