“It's been too long...”
Review of Market Bistro

Market Bistro
Ranked #1 of 193 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small, family run, informal bistro with an emphasis on casual dining using local, sustainable produce. Owned and loved by chef owner Richard and his wife Lucy.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Another fantastic night at Market Bistro, this time on a Friday night and very nice to see it bustling and atmospheric.

Service was impeccable and friendly as ever, new (smiling) faces everywhere and we wanted for nothing throughout our visit.

Richard continues to cook out of his skin with a 'Chicken In The Woods' special of foraged Mushroom on toast with Fried Egg to start, 'Praise The Pork' - a main seemed purposely aimed at my Pork Fetish whenever I visit Norfolk - Belly, Cheek, Black Pudding & Crispy Pancetta with Fennel, Beets and Carrot... Perfectly balanced and remarkably light for such a rich dish. My Parents had the Butler Steak with my Father remarking that it was simply "The Best" Steak he'd ever had... So well done Sir, his Son is a Chef and you've bested him on that one!
To finish I had the Facebook-Hyped Chocolate Delice which ate as well as it looked... which was beautiful in case you were wondering... My Mother had the Pear Tart which was gone too quick for me to sneak a taste.

Wonderful stuff, once again... Lovely to see everyone too!

1  Thank darko316

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited Market Bistro last weekend and had a thoroughly pleasant evening. The restaurant was not busy at the lower level but I understand that there was a private party who had the top floor booked. I noticed a couple of what I thought might be regulars come in and ask to 'go upstairs' but were not perturbed by being offered a table on the ground floor. The wine menu was good and there was a good selection of locally sourced dishes on the menu and also a specials board. The staff were polite and attentive and the food tasted as good as it sounded. The WC's were clean and well kitted out including a baby changing area. The bill came to c. £20 per head which included wine and pre-dinner drinks. All very enjoyable evening. Thank you.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a really lovely meal here on Friday evening. It's been too long since we've been to this establishment and I'd forgotten what a pleasure it was. Everything was just right for a relaxing time - staff, food, ambience - and really good value to boot. We'll certainly be visiting more frequently in future.

1  Thank row-vers
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Booked a table for 4 on a tuesday lunchtime, we were the only diners for most of the lunchtime. We all had three courses with sourdough bread and olives on the side. The food all tasted great and was well presented and served with a friendly smile.
Well worth the trip.

1  Thank AlistairInCambridge
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Market Bistro is a good place for lunch. You have the choice of sandwiches, a fixed price menu or the a la carte. The fixed price at £12 for two courses and £15 for three is a snip, the a la carte is similar to dinner, interesting food, locally sourced and cooked to perfection. However, the sandwiches are a delightful surprise, lovely bread delicious filling with a garnish of salad and crisps, a bargain at £5.50.

The standards at lunch are the same as at dinner, good service, excellent food and a pleasant atmosphere. Market Bistro is not just for special occasions but it delivers a good value lunch. It was a pity that there were not many other customers so it was lacking in atmosphere.