“Super tasty local fresh food”
Review of Market Bistro

Market Bistro
Ranked #1 of 187 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small, family run, informal bistro with an emphasis on casual dining using local, sustainable produce. Owned and loved by chef owner Richard and his wife Lucy.
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Visited here with my girlfriend for her birthday, very nice place pretty modern looking clean and friendly. The food was great, clearly all fresh and super tasty. They encourage a chilled informal dining experience but I felt I should have deffo worn a shirt!

As well as easily being the nicest place to eat in lynn its super good value for the quality of what you get, we had starters and mains and a couple of drinks each, (including a few specials) and it was still only about in the 50 quid mark.

After chomping through local produce cooked to a great standard you can chill and have a few cocktails on the roof or in their lounge area upstairs.

Will be going back for sure as I had serious food envy for some of the dishes I saw coming out of the kitchen!

4  Thank rproudfoot

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The best restaraunt in the UK? Really....? er..........yes!!! (We think so.....) As the second leg of our tour of eateries of east anglia (first leg at Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa, third leg at Cumfus Bottom (yes...really!) ) we read the reviews online and were well impressed, and as often in life, sometimes you really DO find the best..., why so good? well, for an eating experience to be truly sensational, three important pieces need to be in place, I will start with the thing you cannot buy - ambience, we were greeted warmly and made to feel at ease instantly, with a true sense of making all diners "special".
Secondly, the decor, with it's clean lines & comfy chairs, and generous sized tables, room to move your elbows was very good, with lighting levels just right (wonder if they do home visits....?)
Thirdly, and some say THE most important, the quality and presentation of the food itself, my good lady started with the smoked salmon with samphire & I sampled the hock terrine, both dishes were portioned just right, presented very simply, but tasted........just fantastic!, for mains, I tried the crab linguinie, and my other half had the pork escalope, again, both dishes were superb (the 9oz escalope was just out-of-this world for taste, and was so moist I had to ask Head Chef Richard just how in all that is sacred he acheived a dish so tasty as to be almost illeagal!!! Just b***dy amazing, easily by a mile the very best place we have ever eaten at.......so good that I almost feel like keeping it to myself........now THAT would be a crime. Just go and enjoy. Every deserved success Lucy & Richard.

3  Thank peran1
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I took my Dad on Tuesday for lunch for his birthday. Everything, from the time we made the reservation to the warm welcome on our arrival was friendly, efficient and excellent quality. We didn't want to have the traditional starter, main course, pud etc and instead opted to have 2 starters each with a bowl of chips and a side salad, which was no problem at all (in fact it was supported!!). The food was absolutely delicious, beautifully presented and no faffiness. They kept it simple and elegant. The dessert of bakewell tart which we shared (well i say shared, i had one mouthful and the rest was demolished by my Dad) was also fantastic. I cannot recommend this place enough and if you live in King's Lynn,please support it. It is so nice to have a local business that is good quality, reasonably priced and knows what they're doing without being faffy or pretentious!! Keep up the good work, you guys rock!!

1  Thank Bettycph
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Firstly, this little place is in the best part of Kings Lynn with St. Margaret's Church opposite and the Old Town Hall almost next door.The small roof terrace is delightful and a perfect place for a drink and a sandwich on a pleasant day. We went with friends and were offered private dining in a room adjacent to the terrace which was welcomed by us all to enable private conversation.
Starters: the most popular was a smoked salmon conconction, the beetroot and goat's cheese and the only less than 5 star were the devilled crab which were not great because the toast had hardened to the point where we could not cut it!
Mains: Beautiful crab linguine, fruit-fed pork sausages and mash, all locally sourced and the burger was absolutely delicious with fab chips and red onion marmalade etc. We didn't have puds because we had a time pressure but the desert menu looked very good. Would definitely go again and would recommend. Disabled warning - access to terrace is impossible unless you can "do" STAIRS.

2  Thank KatieEnglandU.K.
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I have been to Market Bistro countless times- with my boyfriend, family and I even organized my work Christmas Meal to be at MB. I have NEVER been disappointed- actually the exact opposite- I always leave thinking when we could come again. The entire experience is always great. Especially in the summer, it's so nice to start with drinks on the terrace. The food's presentation is fantastic and the taste a perfect as well! The prices are very reasonable. The service staff are very friendly and helpful. Whenever I am asked if I know of a place to go for a birthday, celebration or a lovely meal out, I always suggest Market Bistro. You will NOT be disappointed!!!!

2  Thank sarmac84