“Absolute perfection!!”

The Norfolk Mead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coltishall
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Fell in love with this place from the moment we pulled into the drive. An idyllic, peaceful hotel with a classy and relaxed atmosphere. As if this wasn't enough, every little detail has been thought of. From delicious locally sourced produce served in the restaurant, to home made brownies left in our room.
We stayed here on a groupon deal, which usually means you receive a basic service in other hotels. However at the Norfolk Mead this was far from the case! Staff could not have been more helpful, friendly and accommodating to our needs. I would highly recommend a stay here and feel that the price reflects the level of luxury and personal touches provided. We will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for The Norfolk Mead Hotel

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the room disconnected from the main hotel. We arrived fresh from our wedding reception at about 7pm ready for our dinner reservation at about 7.45. We went into the reception and we're shown to our room by a very outspoken man who showed us around, all looked fine at this point. We changed and went to the bar for a pre dinner drink, and waited to be called through to dinner. We were finally allowed to go through to have our dinner at 8.45, an entire hour after we were due to dine. No apology or offer of drink to pass the time.
We sat in the corner and ordered steaks, mine came in a sauce that was so extremely salty that I had to send it back. We chose not to have 3 courses as the day had been tiring and we felt deflated. On waking the next morning, I went to make a coffee, however there was no fridge and therefore no milk, not even any uht. Then. Went to use the bathroom sink and there was no way we could see to allow the water to drain, no instructions either. Then I used the shower and after 10 minutes the hot water ran out. So we had to shower in ice cold water. Breakfast was nice however but I felt I had to address the points with the front of house,due to not only the £275 I had paid for our stay, but the fact that we weren't looked after. I did not create a massive issue about anything however mentioned my points. I got about £40 off my bill however I felt really let down by my experience at the Mead, and whilst I appreciate that it's been almost a year since out stay, I've written this as I'm currently searching for a hotel for our anniversary stay and found myself on TA.
Note: I also feel the toiletries are not reflective of a hotel of this price. My recommendation for a lovely yet slightly more casual stay is the pigs at Edgefield, or for something the same price but much nicer, Titchwell Manor.

• Stayed: June 2013
10  Thank Hannah P
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend last summer. The hotel is lovely, excellent service, good rooms and lovely gardens, even had a stroll down to the river. It is quiet and peaceful, very tranquil for a perfect escape. The food is amazing, excellent evening meal, the best food we have had in a long time, and not too over priced. Breakfasts good choice of hot or cold and all cooked to order. I have recommend this hotel to many people and I will definitely like to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Saw an offer for night at this Hotel to include Evening Meal and breakfast the following day and what a superb time we had.
The hotel is delightful, full of charm but with a modern twist , the setting is peaceful with the river just a short stroll over the gardens and the food is some of the best I have experienced.
Staff couldn't have done more to welcome us and the added benefit for those with dogs is that there are allocated rooms available at a small charge -fabulous place.

Room Tip: Our room was to the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Had Mother's Day lunch here and the food was fantastic. The staff are lovely, friendly and really attentive. Could findno fault at all in anything. Now thinking of coming here for our wedding anniversary in July with an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen864
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here March 22nd for one evening as a bolt hole in Norfolk and romantic getaway. It was perfect. We stayed in the Damson room which was lovely. Bed was really lovely, pillows and linen all top notch. There are at least three pubs in easy walking distance so we ventured out for a stroll and then enjoyed an amazing meal back at the Norfolk Mead. Would definitely return for a battery recharge. Quiet, peaceful and great service. The staff were all lovely, can't find fault.

PS I left my phone charger behind, if you could have a look for it that would be great. Damson 22nd March. Thanks

Room Tip: Damson was on 2nd floor and doesn't have a bath.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My partner and I stayed for one night last weekend on a Secret Escapes deal of DBB and after we had booked, the hotel emailed asking if we would like to upgrade for £25, if you get this option DO IT! We upgraded to the Mulberry and it was one of the best rooms we have stayed in, it was huge and the bathroom was great. The shower was exceptional. They have paid much attention to detail and added some lovely little touches such as a small fridge on the landing with little bottles of fresh milk so that you can enjoy a decent cup of tea or coffee in your room. (by the way the selection is also good) and a collection of Wellington Boots available for walking in the lovely grounds incase you have forgotten to bring your own and some great quizz type games in the bar and lounge areas for when the weather is grim. The restaurant is definitely worthy of its AA star rating, the dinner menu was not vast but would cater for every taste and the meals we had were superb. Breakfast was also tip top. I must also mention the lovely staff, nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely be back as soon as possible. Thank you Norfolk Mead for a great stay!

Room Tip: Can recommend The Mullberry
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coltishall
Beechwood Hotel
#3 of 50 in Norwich
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to The Norfolk Mead Hotel? Share your experiences!