“Totally amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Norfolk Mead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coltishall
“Totally amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We came to have a girly weekend break, free from our children and husbands......! We were treated to so so many delights and the manager and the owners were so attentive and so helpful with things to do around the area, so after a long day shopping the bar and the beds was a true friend that cuddled you ;0)
I think next time I better bring the husband for a bit of romance as its so beautiful there

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Today i visited The Norfolk Mead for afternoon tea to celebrate my nans 80th birthday. The food served was gorgeous and Faye our waitress was attentive, caring and really sweet. The happy (cheeky) manger even took the time to show us around the hotel viewing the beautful rooms available to stay in. I left the place with the biggest smile on my face going home to my partner raving about how much I would love to get married there. I haven't had a proposal yet but a promise of a three course meal :) I look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very nicely done Hotel and restaurant. Family run and friendly service. Beautiful hotel room. The Sorrell is a gorgeous done out room and if all the others are this nice then we are coming back to try the rest out !!! I do love purple though :) The views over the front lawns and further were stunning, I can highly recommend this room .........hmmm though if I do I am in danger of Greg and I not being able to book it next time, OH well it is gorgeous and we do want to try them all. While in the area for business and pleasure I can say that the staff and service and atmosphere made it so very comfortable thoughts of work were soon washed away by the delights of the hotel, Afternoon tea was a true oldie worlde delight and the food was so fresh adn the amouse bouche were indeed that. We relished every moughtful of the food and the breakfast which honestly I did not think I could eat after that Dinner was just delightful, the choice was splendid and fresh. We took our time over our leisurely breakfast, were not rushed over our coffee and the papers and loved every minute. WE will be back soon.

Room Tip: The Sorrell looks out over the front lawns are the view is beautiful
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is now one of the best small hotels we have ever stayed at. A beautifully executed transformation creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere is complemented by the professionalism of the service. Our hosts, Anna and James, know just how important it is to look after their customers and went out of their way to ensure our stay was memorable. First class food, a wonderful room, beautiful grounds, and attention to detail. What more would we want?

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Where does one start - what a refreshing hotel experience we've just enjoyed - professional, stylish, tasty and welcoming and a complete joy. A fab recently renovated hotel topping off our wonderful Broads experience. Mr James and Anna have hit their nail bang on the right spot - hurrah. We will be back and will shout rather loudly about this wonderfully special chic little hotel.

More please.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My girlfriend & I had dinner at the newly refurbished Norfolk Mead Hotel on Saturday evening & it was superb. The transformation of the Hotel is amazing, we were greeted with home made canapes & smiling faces, despite it being busy we were found a table, received excellent service & had some super food. All the food we could see looked as good as ours, the atmosphere was warming & the staff very efficient.

Deffinately recommend The Norfolk Mead for any occasion, what a lovely relaxing venue and brilliant food!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

So I was all set to whisk my wife off to Italy for a special weekend; but the cost was escalating out of control, and I turned my sights to a special UK weekend away from London. A friend pointed me to a hotel in Norfolk that was soon to open after a refurb - The Norfolk Mead Hotel near Norwich.

I took him on his word and called to find out more - the enthusiasm that the new owners have was clear on the phone and I booked immediately.

I cannot rate the experience highly enough - from before we walked in the door, to when we sadly had to return to London. The room was simply beautiful - classic, elegant boutique - the attention to detail felt so refreshingly natural and easy.

For our whole stay we were treated with a warmth usually reserved regular visitors; but we were never imposed upon - it's a hard balance to crack but the owners and staff at this hotel have done just that.

The food! The food was outstanding - a local menu that was prepared and presented impeccably and that was some of the best we've had. I can see this place winning awards.

All in all, the Norfolk Mead Hotel is effortlessly charming with a perfect combination of sophistication and country living. When I confessed to my wife that I had planned to take her to Italy, she was actually glad that I hadn't...! "Why go to Italy, when you can go to The Norfolk Mead Hotel."

Needless to say - we shall be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coltishall
Beechwood Hotel
#2 of 7 in Cromer
The Pheasant Hotel
The Pheasant Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelling

Been to The Norfolk Mead Hotel? Share your experiences!