“Lots of local ingredients, well prepared in a nice location”
Review of The Moorings

The Moorings
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Blakeney
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

A really nice range of starters and mains, many of them using local ingredients. Lots of fish and some quality meat dishes. Not a huge choice for vegetarians. Pleasant and quick service. A reasonable range of wines. Prices are a fair bit higher than the White Horse which is directly opposite, but the quality probably makes it worth paying a little more. In summer it gets quite full so I think booking would be advisable.

1  Thank john p

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited the moorings for dinner and yes the food was good and tasty but we all thought it was expensive. The service was great but the tables are too close together. Some of us had the lamb (£23) and we were asked how we wanted them cooked yet they all came out the same. We are not huge eaters but even we thought the portion sizes were a little too small on some of the dishes. Some starters we had were nearly £10. For these prices I want to come out of a restaurant going "wow!". I didn't. I think it's probably best for couples who want a tasty meal and are happy to pay a little bit more. Would I return? I'm afraid not. Still, leaves more room for those who love it there!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My family & i had a very pleasant lunch. The children's menu was healthy, simple & went down very well with both my 3 & 5 year old. It included baked beans on toast, boiled eggs & soldiers & some simple pasta dishes on it. This made a pleasant change from the usual fish fingers/ chicken nuggets & chips that you often find. Service was speedy and very good value. The total bill came in just under £30 & that included drinks. I would happily go back!

2  Thank Xanthe
Reviewed August 5, 2014

During a recent week-long stay in Blakeney with friends we decided to have dinner at one of the local restaurants.
As there is no real mobile telephone service in the village we walked down to the Moorings and spoke to one of the staff who was in the dining room. I asked if we could make a reservation for dinner and was very abruptly told "we're closed tonight".
As this was Friday evening in mid-July I was very surprised but as the staff member turned their back on me I did not have the opportunity of finding out any further information. There may well have been a legitimate reason for the closure, although some common courtesy would not have gone amiss. As the saying goes - you only get one chance to make a first impression!
My first impression was very negative and I won't be going anywhere near the Moorings again.
The pub across the street benefited and I will write a positive review about them.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Moorings is a wonderful easy going relaxed restaurant/cafe, even in the busy season which is now, the food offered is seasonal, freshly cooked and is value for money, my advice is book in advance, this place has regular trade, speaks for it's self, plus the tourists (me and the gang).

Like Brown's on route from the south to here (A1065) at Mundford near Thetford which I also recommend, the best two value for money restaurants in Norfolk, in fact both places could charge more!

The Moorings is a real delight, no let's rip off the tourists, (won't see them again or for another year) what they do here is great, well done them, just wish they were double the size as nearly always fully booked when we call, but learnt our lesson now and we always book well in advance!

1  Thank OnTheRoad064