“Don't bother there are better cheaper places”
Review of Funshack

Funshack
Ranked #15 of 17 things to do in Seaham
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This must be the most expensive play area in the region! It feels tired and dated and certainly not up to the price they charge. They even charge 50p per adult - I felt like saying I will wait in the car, talk about taking the Micky....

All reviews
"invitations"
"fab"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I often come here with young grandchildren ( I don't think kids much over 10 would be interested ) and find it a great place to spend a few hours as you can sit, eat , watch the children play in a very safe and clean environment

2  Thank DARGEA
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Yet another establishment that thinks it can get away with minimum entertainment value for maximum cost. One Adult and 4 children ages 7,5,2 & 1 total cost £42. Sandwich and drink included for the children but all decided not fit to eat! The place was overcrowded and I noticed in a previous review about height restrictions and H&S, well today that has not been the case - it seems they are cramming in as many as they can to make the money (plus they have put up the prices for the holidays)!
The place is supposedly supervised but all I can see is teenagers wandering around aimlessly, the noise it unbearable and have seen two youngsters knocked flying by older children running around unsupervised. Food is available to purchase but speaking to others we decided to give it a miss plus we saw loads of uneaten food on plates which looked disgusting. We did try a coffee and it was disgusting. The Website states "Peace of Mind" that is not correct - we spent all our time frantically watching our group to ensure their safety as the staff seemed dilatory.
Overall opinion - over-priced, over-rated, over-crowded and fun value, kids would probably give it 3/10 parents 0/10.
I have recommended 'length of visit' of less than 1 hour - to be honest I would avoid altogether there are better, cheaper places to entertain the kids!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter just been charged £6.50 for my 12yr old grandson to sit and watch because they say he is below height line they have. He is 5ft1in!, Contradicts their web page details. They would be better working on heights rather than ages cos all they could say was Health & Safety! Just plain greedy especially as we had drinks etc as well whilst watching the younger grandson & his friend play. We would have turned round & left but that would have spoilt it for the youngsters. Won't be going back.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have been bringing my (nearly) 3 year old here since she was approx 18 months old.
The positives are:
Staff are always very pleasant and helpful, from the front desk right through to the kitchen.
Varied play areas, such as cinema, soft play, ball pools and climbing equipment as well as go karts and bowling for older children.
We use the "toddler time" during school hours and it is usually fairly quiet with small per nursery age kids, perfect for mixing with small children without the older ones running around.
The negatives are:
It is becoming more expensive, with toddler time entrance now being £4.50 for an adult and child, although the kids do get a sandwich and juice, I usually end up spending at least another £10 with my food, chips, coffee and a ride on the carousel. I know they are not essential, but it's difficult not to.
We avoid the place at any other time except toddler time, because it can be horrendously busy. Have been to a birthday party on a Saturday and its crazy.
Although the food is decent, healthy options are limited and I would like to see more variety, away from chips and burgers.

All in all, we'll continue to use it because my daughter loves it and that makes it easier on all of us, especially with our cold and elongated winters making it almost impossible to go to a park at the minute. Worth a visit if you have little ones.

1  Thank Susan T