“A relaxing evening at the Serenity Spa”
Review of Seaham Hall

Seaham Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My friend and I booked the twilight spa session which included dinner at the ozone restaurant. We went on a Friday night and it was fairly quiet. The spa was beautiful and well maintained, with a good range of facilities. The individual treatments included in the offer were excellent - the staff were very friendly and the treatment rooms were the best I've experienced. The food at the ozone restaurant was excellent - I would have happily had anything on the menu! Altogether it was a fantastic evening. It is still expensive but I we thought it was well worth the price, especially taking into account the treatment and dinner. The only thing that could be improved on would possibly be the changing rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 23, 2013

i took my oldest daughter to the spa for a treat and a bit of special time togther.

All in all we had a fantastic morning and enjoyed all the spa facilities plus 2 course lunch in Ozone restaurant.

The spa staff were excellent , polite and couteous and even better they all had a smile on thier faces.

Being hypercritical I would say that although the spa was clean it looked a little tired in some places however that diid in no way detract from the overalll experience

We will definately return .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky B
Reviewed January 21, 2013

i have been to Seaham hall a number of times for many occasions,but my Favorite by far is the serenity spa.. upon arrival I'm always greeted by friendly staff who check me in and gave me a guide of the spa, the Ozone restaurant and locker rooms. once settled in, i had access to a swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers, which seems tobe set in a glass house ,there are steam rooms, saunas, 2 outdoor Jacuzzi's and a wave pool. once relaxed, I sat back, relaxed and unwind away. drinks can be ordered by poolside by a waitress/pool attendant.

spa treatments vary in price but I always go for a deep tissue massage and a body scrub and each time, i have fully enjoyed being pampered. The masseuse and beauty therapist are very efficient, professional and will help answer any questions. Lunch at the ozone is always delightful and filling.

on a separate occasion I stayed at the hotel as a birthday treat followed by a meal at the white rooms. The suite we booked was very spacious, modern and stylish. The stay was very pleasant and comfortable. The full English breakfast was delivered the next morning to our door right on time. check out was smooth and very fast.

our meal at the white rooms.. not one thing i can fault.. the service was fast, the staff was very friendly and the food was fantastic.. worth the value.

I have attended a few weddings at Seaham and again.. could not fault how the day went and how professional and helpful all staff are. Definitely a location to consider and visit if you are planning a wedding.

overall.. I think Seaham hall is a beautiful get away, even if its just for a day at the spa. highly recommended as a hotel, a restaurant and a get way at the spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

A former favourite of ours, we thought we'd give it another try after switching to the Rockliffe Hall near Darlington for our occasional weekend breaks. I deeply regretted paying a large chunk of cash for a very mixed experience.

As always, the rooms were comfortable, clean, tidy and nicely styled. The recent makeovers worked well.

The spa has thankfully been looked after a lot better than on a previous occasion, everything seemed to work this time and the place seemed tidier than a few years ago.
The drinks waiters seemed reluctant to venture out to the outdoor hot tub to take orders, a shame as the feature is quite a nice signature for the spa.

The White Room was (being kind here!) thoroughly disappointing. An inexperienced waiter didn't fill us with confidence, and we were right to be concerned. With the appetiser aside, the food was no better than pub food. A steak was left untouched. I could not cut the steak easily with the equipment supplied. Admittedly, they apologised, and deducted it from the bill, claiming that they would 'have a word' with their supplier, but, what decent chef would turn out food like that from a once 'michelin star' restaurant?

Breakfast at Seaham Hall was always a great spectacle. The in room trays were a fantastic way to start the day. Generally speaking, the breakfast was ok, but, spoiled by a horrendously 'over vinegary' poached egg. If vinegar is used for poaching, it should not be at the sort of levels that make you cringe!

Would we go back? No, definitely not, unless there's a huge change in ownership or management.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank KevoMOO
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My stepdaughter took me for a surprise treat here. On arrival it is a lovely lit path to meet the giant elephant statue and then up to the reception area. Our information was taken and a soft drink and fruit offered and then we were taken through and shown where everything was and given dressing gowns and towels. we had a lovely swim and steam first, then for our massages. Finally after getting changed we had a tasty meal...although the medium green Thai chicken had a real kick, all was freshly prepared. A lovely treat and I would return again :)

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tigernymph
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Took my mother in law for her birthday 3rd December 2012 this was my first visit and I must say i was not really impressed with the hall itself, the reception area is pretty ordinary, i imagined it to be a bit more grand!! however we were greeted with a nice friendly smile and as my mother in law is 84 she commented on how far she had to walk from the car park in the cold, and the staff immediately suggested they would bring our car around to the front door when we departed which they did. the waiter who brought our tea was really attentative, everything was very nice although nothing out of the ordinary for the cost, we couldn`t eat it all and were offered to have it wrapped to take home but declined, overall my mother in law really appreciated the outing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank moira053
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had a lovely relaxing spa day here followed by a champagne afternoon tea with friends. The staff were very professional, from taking our booking to explaining what our treatments were and what our spa day entailed. The hotel is in a lovely location and was easy to find. When we arrived we were greeted and given lovely soft robes and slippers to wear. The changing area was very clean, with large mirrors and hair dryers. The pool was large and it was easy to find a quite spot to relax. We enjoyed the outdoor jaccuzzi and it's warm temperature, because even though it was a sunny day it was still rather cold ! We enjoyed trying out the different steam rooms, plunge pool etc and then we relaxed in a lovely area before we had our treatments. We had a lovely relaxing time in the spa and then we went for our champagne afternoon tea. We had a wide selection of cakes which were all delicious. The room where we enjoyed our afternoon tea in the main house was lovely, high ceilings, a lovely fireplace and comfy sofas. We really enjoyed the day and would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrS_MrsAD_
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaham
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Jesmond Dene House
Jesmond Dene House
#4 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Seaham Hall? Share your experiences!