“lovely xmas lunch”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2014

very good xmas meal one of the best we have had , good choices not just the usual xmas set menu, also a very good veggie meal. All in all lovely from start to finish.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Went to the seaton lane in last night with work friends n was extremely impressed! 2 course special was only 12.95 n the choices were good! I had prawn n crab starter which was fab and steak for my main which had a £6 added charge but again was gorgeous. Everyone's food looked great n we all had clean plates! The place itself is stunning with friendly staff n great service. Will defo b going back.

1  Thank MrsCP1984
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a Birthday meal with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. From entering the premises to leaving the staff were very friendly and nothing seemed to be a bother for them. It was a lovely experience just to have staff smiling. As the gentlemen were at the bar ordering the drinks, we were seated. The menu selection was not the biggest but it was varied and there was also a mains specials menu. We were given a selection of bread rolls after ordering, which were delicious. The starters arrived quickly together with more bread rolls. The amount of mussels my daughter ordered could have served 2. All starters were delicious. The plates were taken away quickly and efficiently and we didn't have to wait long for the mains, again all cooked to perfection. 3 of us managed to squeeze in a sweet, although much to my annoyance I couldn't finish mine!!! I would not hesitate to recommend The Seaton Lane Inn.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Amazing venue, great food, excellent atmosphere! As a regular customer I cannot recommend this restaurant and bar enough!! Must highly recommend getting a steak!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant as a party of four for a birthday meal after hearing good things and were not disappointed.

Upon arrival we were advised that our table was ready immediately however there is a nice lounge area to sit in either before or after the meal.

We struggled to decide what to choose as everything on the menu looked lovely. Whilst waiting for the starters we were provided with bread rolls which were really nice and fresh and were devoured in seconds. For starter I had the mussels (marinare) which were probably the best mussels I have had every tasty. The rest of the party had Thai fish cakes and all plates were cleared do must have been nice.

We were offered more bread to have with our starters which was a nice touch and very rare in my experience.

For main I had the 8oz fillet steak which was cooked to perfection (medium rare) with brilliant chips. Even the sides of onion rings, tomato and mushroom were all cooked to perfection.

Two of the party had the 10oz sirloin cooked rare and medium rare and did arrive in that way, once again I was advised that the steak was tasty.

The final main course was the seaton lane seafood medley which was a selection of seafood cooked in a Thai inspired aromatic broth. I have been informed that this was lovely all perfectly cooked.

I'm not sure how but the other three found room for dessert and all went for the winter berry cheesecake, which did defeat one but I was advised was really nice.

I had a latte which was nice and hot (sometimes not the case).

The service was attentive without being intrusive and all of the staff were genuinely friendly and happy.

We were offered top ups for drinks when it was noted that glasses were almost empty which good especially on a busy Saturday night.

There was a nice period between courses and we weren't rushed to finish drinks at the end of the meal.

The ambience in the restaurant was good with background music which was not too loud.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to return.