“Not the pub grub you would expect!”

Seaton Lane Inn Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in Seaham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is verging on fine dining but without the extortionate price tag. Superb food, superb service and staff, prices you cannot argue with!

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We are here for the first time on New Year's Day. We had soup and salmon to start, chicken ceasar salad and the roast beef dinner for our mains. The food was well presented and tasty. The staff were very friendly and courteous. We found it excellent value off money and great service. We will definitely be back and will certainly recommend to others.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a very busy Boxing Day. The staff made us feel really special and the food was excellent and good value. We had the set menu, but found the standard as high as any a la carte we've been to. I wish we had somewhere like it where we live! Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have been here lots of times over the years but we won't be going again. The food is always hit and miss but this time it was bad. There were 5 of us but not one of us had a good meal.
They brought rolls to the table but these were the part baked type and were awful
I had fresh tuna but it was dried up and had too much chilli in it. The other 4 all had meals with vegetables that they said had a funny taste. They weren't sure why but thought they could have been cooked then reheated
The only positive was the service. The staff were lovely

1  Thank DurhamCharlotte
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We phoned to book a table for boxing day a few weeks ago and told them we would need a highchair for our one year old who would be dining with us. When we arrived tonight after half an hour our daughter became tired so my partner went to get the pushchair out of the car. When he brought it in we were told we could not have the pushchair up in the restaurant as it was part of their policy. I find it ridiculous that this was not stated to us when we called to book! It resulted in me having to have an over tired screaming baby on my knee for my entire meal meaning I could not enjoy my meal and half the restaurant was staring at us. I was ready to walk out but the only thing stopping me was that we were at a family meal.

1  Thank MinnieJem