“Funky American Diner”

Lickety Split Creamery & Juice Bar
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Seaham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a 1950s all american ice cream parlour selling top grade ices and award winning dishes, award winning fairtrade coffee and lovely hotdogs at reasonable prices. We are not the cheapest but if you want quality then we are number 1. A family owned business we were the first of its kind in the North East and are still the peoples choice for this type of thing. Queues can be long at peak times (1-5 on weekends and school holidays) so please come prepared. off peak times are 10am until 1pm where you may not need queue of queue for less.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a bright cheerful place from the moment you walk through the door. The staff are a delight, helpful, attentive, good service. I ordered an ordinary sandwich and it came with coleslaw and salad, a real plateful. The dinky ice cream cone clipped to the saucer of my drink was a real novelty and just what my young charge wanted. A real treat for all ages. Try it you won't be disappointed, well you might but only if you can't get in!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is brilliant! Really good value and my god the ice cream is fantastic! We went just before the fireworks in Seaham. I had a toffee ice cream that had Dime bar in it, I have been to places before and they barely have anything in it. This was not the case here I had at least 2 Dime bars in it and it was awesome. We took our kids and my partners sister and her child and they really enjoyed it to. Highly recommend them!!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

visited with a friend on children in need night and took advantage of the special sundae, created to look just like pudsey bear. Before that though, we had hot dogs with the best wedges ive had in a while. The atmoshpere was bouncy, the assistant Linz B was hilarious and engaging and we left heavy and satisfied but not bankrupted - the prices are very, very reasonable. Marvellous

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

A trip to Seaham would not be complete without dropping into this wonderful place. Staff so friendly, cheerful & helpful. It's a kind of retro American diner / ice cream (huge range of scrummy flavours) parlour. Wurlitzer juke box stands next to old fashioned coke machine.
Coffee was first class with a mini ice cream cone (lovely touch).

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Lickity Split and I went in with my boyfriend. We were impressed straight away, the interior and huge selection of flavours were amazing. We picked up a nicely designed menu and simply couldn't decide. A lady who worked there said we can take a seat and come to the counter when we decide. The seating was perfectly 50s and although it looked a little tired it really wasn't as bad as some reviews are making out. There was even a 70s voltzwagon camper van outside in the corporate colours, it was brilliant, the attention to detail was impressive. Even the staff had a slight 50s look to them.

There was so much choice and all at reasonably prices too. Many different sundaes and ice creams and even huge hotdogs and curly fries. Even the drinks were 50s themed and they had vanilla coke, cherry coke and a selection of jelly belly fizzy drinks.

We decided on a birthday bonanza and got 5 different flavours and lots of topping in a GINORMOUS bowl nearly the size of a human head for us to share. It was £8.99, we certainly got our money's worth. The ice cream was delicious, lemon was sweet and tart and the mint was perfectly cool and delicious. There were some really creative ice cream options and flavours. it was splendid. We had amazing toppings of oreos and melted white and milk chocolate. YUM. We got served straight away as it was quiet and our ice cream came really fast too.

The counter and the way the staff handled the food was perfectly hygienic. We really enjoyed our ice cream and the staff were lovely. Most these reviews are complaining about queues on a sunny day, what did you expect? Even McDonalds struggles on a sunny day and their ice cream machine breaks, so don't complain. It just drags down a perfectly reputable company for something they can't avoid.

I can't wait to visit lickity Split again and try the hotdogs and even more ice cream!

1  Thank Abigail T