“Incredible”
Review of Mango Tree

Mango Tree
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge
“Incredible”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Wow, this was the best curry I've ever had (I say with no exaggeration). Absolutely sublime flavour and the most friendly staff who talked is through some of their methods for preparing their dishes! Amazing!

• Visited August 2012

Sydney, Australia
“How hot do you like it?”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My friend says the Indian food is never hot enough for her. It was here.
I don't like even a hint of heat. Mine was perfect. So they listen and cater to your needs. What more could you want?

Visited September 2012
“If only all curry houses could be like this one”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great food, great menu (not just your standard dishes), great service. It's good value with clean and modern facilities.

Visited September 2012
mollymalone11
“An oasis in a desert of gammon and chips”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you are doing the Coast to Coast walk you will soon become that, in addition to torrential rain and painful feet, you have to cope with a diet of pub food which largely consists of: gammon and chips; steak and chips; lasagne and chips; fish and chips; steak pie and chips etc etc. We were delighted therefore to discover this excellent curry house in Kirkby Stephen. I have occasionally had bad experiences in rural curry houses where the cooking has not matched what you would expect in Leeds or Bradford (I particularly remember a curry house in Thurso in the far north of Scotland where all the staff appeared to be entirely Scottish and the food was a Scottish version of curry cooked to the culinary standards prevailing in Scotland twenty years ago). The Mango Tree is not in that category at all. We had a selection of poppadoms with dips to start with, including something quite fiery. The main courses which followed were all excellent with portions which were ample but not alarmingly so. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive. Well worth a visit if you are anywhere in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Kirkby Stephen, United Kingdom
“Great curry in a great area!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A trip to Kirby Stephen must include a visit to The Mango Tree in the market square. We rang on the off chance that there would be a table for four - it was fully booked but we could if we wanted have a table at 7 until just before 9 when it was already booked out. We jumped at the chance! Popadoms with pickle tray set us off nicely with vegatable korma & pilu rice to follow for me. I enjoyed my meal so much that I can't remember what my friends had - other than local beef, lamb & chicken something (all of which I tried) - the lamb was wonderfully tender - lamb for me next time!

• Visited September 2012