All reviews hosts guests cabin guide fishing
Reviewed July 23, 2015

We stayed last min at this location and it was right on the water. The location was perfect and every one had a very good time. It is not upscale or 4 star hotel BUT it was reminiscent of better days when family took road trips and stayed in quant off the beaten track with no TV or video games and spent time enjoying each others company.

Room tip: if you need internet and TV this place is not for you
Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SweetPeaFarm
Reviewed June 14, 2015 via mobile

This is my third trip to the White Hole. The facilities are well maintained. The cabins are clean, but not fancy. Our group has always done our own cooking so I cannot comment on the food. The boat are kept in good safe running order. The onsite tackle shop is small but they do carry the lures that work there. This is a good location that provides a lot of fishable water when the dam is not generating much. If you don't rent a boat there is decent fishing from the bank. Be aware there is considerable water level change during the day. The owners are friendly.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in Arkansas and Missouri. We started out spending two nights at White Hole Resort. Their location on the White River is just beautiful. We caught several trout off the bank the afternoon we arrived. We had booked a guided trip for the second day. Unfortunately when we arrived we were informed that our guide had canceled because he was sick. The folks at White Hole promised they would have us another guide by morning and they delivered. It turned out great! The new guide was Jonce Trimble. Jonce has over 30 years on the White River and knows the river like the back of his hand. We caught over 40 trout and thoroughly enjoyed his company. We will be going back and we will be fishing with Jonce!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had a great trip to White Hole Resort in Aug. 2014. The cabin was very clean and comfortable. The bed was just a bit hard for my preference, but that's better than too soft. We cooked our own meals. The kitchenette was small, but it served its purpose. I should have packed a few more of my own kitchen items, such as a good cutting board & sharp knives. My husband went out on a guided fishing trip, had a great trip, and we had fish for dinner that night. We rented a boat one afternoon to just go sight seeing on the river. We both agreed that we would return.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank MandyDenton_TX
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this resort for many years, a couple of times a year. We always enjoy ourselves, and have a wonderful, peaceful time. The owners, Steve & Lin Willetts are absolutely wonderful people and hosts. We love to fish, but also love to sit our on our deck and just watch the river. I always say, this is where I find my inner peace. You can get up early and watch the fog on the river and see it coming up from the river in millions of crystals. It rises on the roofs as steam from a sauna, and then the sunlight starts breaking through. White Hole Resort, in our opinion is the prettiest place on the river. We bring our food, because we enjoy cooking ourselves, but they do offer meals with your package. On one of the holidays, we meet our children here and have the best time. The cabins are nice, clean and comfortable. We've met people from many different places over the years while staying here. Most of which are return guests, or new guests that say they will stay here again. I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is overall! Try it at least once and you'll be hooked:)

Room tip: There's not a bad cabin here, but select one according to your needs. We love having one facing the river!!!
Date of stay: June 2014