All reviews hosts guests cabin guide fishing
Reviewed November 15, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in Arkansas and Missouri. We started out spending two nights at White Hole Resort. Their location on the White River is just beautiful. We caught several trout off the bank the afternoon we arrived. We had booked a guided trip for the second day. Unfortunately when we arrived we were informed that our guide had canceled because he was sick. The folks at White Hole promised they would have us another guide by morning and they delivered. It turned out great! The new guide was Jonce Trimble. Jonce has over 30 years on the White River and knows the river like the back of his hand. We caught over 40 trout and thoroughly enjoyed his company. We will be going back and we will be fishing with Jonce!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had a great trip to White Hole Resort in Aug. 2014. The cabin was very clean and comfortable. The bed was just a bit hard for my preference, but that's better than too soft. We cooked our own meals. The kitchenette was small, but it served its purpose. I should have packed a few more of my own kitchen items, such as a good cutting board & sharp knives. My husband went out on a guided fishing trip, had a great trip, and we had fish for dinner that night. We rented a boat one afternoon to just go sight seeing on the river. We both agreed that we would return.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank MandyDenton_TX
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I have been staying at this resort for many years, a couple of times a year. We always enjoy ourselves, and have a wonderful, peaceful time. The owners, Steve & Lin Willetts are absolutely wonderful people and hosts. We love to fish, but also love to sit our on our deck and just watch the river. I always say, this is where I find my inner peace. You can get up early and watch the fog on the river and see it coming up from the river in millions of crystals. It rises on the roofs as steam from a sauna, and then the sunlight starts breaking through. White Hole Resort, in our opinion is the prettiest place on the river. We bring our food, because we enjoy cooking ourselves, but they do offer meals with your package. On one of the holidays, we meet our children here and have the best time. The cabins are nice, clean and comfortable. We've met people from many different places over the years while staying here. Most of which are return guests, or new guests that say they will stay here again. I can't say enough about how wonderful this place is overall! Try it at least once and you'll be hooked:)

Room tip: There's not a bad cabin here, but select one according to your needs. We love having one facing the river!!!
Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank Paige S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned from, I believe, my fourth visit to The White Hole resort and had, as usual, a great time. I've been fishing there with a group of friends that goes every year and this is a wonderful place for us to meet and enjoy the fellowship and gorgeous river.

We normally get there, as we did this year, in late October and the mornings can be, well, rather crisp. That's OK, however, because the trout seem to like it and we always catch lots of fish. This year was the best that any of us could remember with estimates ranging from 60 to (from the real liar...er, I mean fishermen) to 100+ fish per day. Suffice it to say the there wasn't a dull moment and we all had a blast.

This group has been meeting yearly near Flippin Arkansas for, I guess, more than a dozen years, certainly before the Willetts bought the resort and made it their home. And home it is, with comfortable cabins, satellite TV for the football games we need to see, a laid-back and honest feel and, in our case, great food. The Willetts cook for larger groups as part of our package and, let me assure you, you won't go hungry. From the "breakfast" (brunch really, we go fishing at 6:30 and come back in to warm up and fill up at 9:30) of eggs, hash browns, sausage, biscuits and gravy or, by request, some other scrumptious dishes, to dinner in the evening, your get fed very well and very much. It really is good, down-home comfort food, served by the Willett family. It's pretty hard to beat that.

The White River is a world-class trout stream with many records to boast and The White Hole is a classic fishing resort with a long history on the river. Take your family and friends, enjoy the cabins--all with kitchens or kitchenettes so you can do your own thing--and catch some trophy fish...please just put the big ones back for the rest of us!

Oh, the guides at the place are superb. Most of them have been on the White River for years and years, some for their entire lives. They all have great stories to share and each one has always been both friendly and entertaining. Like of lot of guides, they get almost more excited than their guests when "the big one" takes a hook.

You can't go wrong here.

Room tip: The rooms vary from singles to 4 bedroom cabins with large living rooms and extra bunks. Cabin 9 is one of the larger two and directly fronts the river. What a view!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank DVenturesMark
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have stayed at this resort twice. It's clean, comfortable and a nice deck on the back facing the White River. The river is easily within walking distance and an easy walk. Satelite t.v. is available which is unusual for fishing cabins. Also, wifi works fine. Well maintained area. We will continue staying here.

Date of stay: October 2012