“Excellent stay at The Sun Inn”
Review of Sun Inn

Sun Inn
Biggar, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at The Sun Inn”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights with another couple and had an excellent mini-break. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable although our superior rooms were slightly on the small side but this is unavoidable because of the age of the building. The staff were, without exception, professional, efficient, pleasant and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble - the service was faultless. And the food .... fantastic. The menu was imaginative and the food beautifully served. The added touch of complementary tea and coffee served at any time for residents in the bar was very enjoyable. If returning to that area, we would definitely stay again at The Sun Inn. Kirkby Lonsdale itself is a lovely little town with lots of great independent shops.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SunInnKirkbyLonsdale, Front Office Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you to you and your friends for coming to stay with us - it really sounds like you were charmed by our little town.

We would love to welcome you all back to the Sun Inn and to Kirkby Lonsdale.

All the best

Sarah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had a brilliant time. The staff were welcoming and friendly. Our bedroom was beautifully furnished with lots of complimentary goodies. The food was top class and reasonably priced. We had initially booked in for two nights but loved the place so much that we stayed an extra night. Kirby Lonsdale is an ideal place to stay as there is so much to see in the area. We can't wait to return to The Sun Inn.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are spacious.
Hello...

Thank for this great review - we look forward to seeing you in September!!

Sarah
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at the Sun Inn last weekend and wish we were back there now. Everything about the Inn was fantastic from the location in the enjoyable Kirkby Lonsdale, the welcoming bar, extremely attentive and friendly staff, great breakfast, to the most important thing the room. The room (room 10) was everything we expected and was warm, comfortable with some lovely nice touches and a lovely bathroom. All in all this was a treat for us and although the Sun Inn is quite expensive, we think it is just about worth it, and I hope we can save the pennies up to visit here again next year for our weekend away without the kids!!

• Stayed March 2014
SunInnKirkbyLonsdale, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for this lovely review - I hope you do manage to get back to us next year for a nice break.

All the very best

oaksey
Reviewed March 14, 2014

was recommended to stay here by a local company I do business with. Everything about the Sun Inn is superb. The staff are friendly, professional and nothing is too much trouble. The room was great, spotlessly clean, warm and cosy but with a contemporary feel. Great little touches, like a little wooden box with ear plugs in, a bottle of champagne on ice and homemade biscuits.

I ate in the lovely bar area that evening and enjoyed the fabulous atmosphere. Blazing log fires and great chilled out background music. I had a fillet of beef and I can honestly say it's one of the best steaks I've ever eaten !!

After a great nights sleep, the breakfast was also superb. Everything 100% fresh and the food was amazing. Can I also complement the guy who runs the bar area and served in the breakfast area, I think his name may have been Paul. He's an absolute credit to the Hotel. Really friendly, efficient and he's got superb people skills !

I cant recommend this place enough and it's also superb value for money. I've already told friends about it and I will be back again, this time to spend a weekend with my wife !

Well done again to all at The Sun.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this lovely review for us.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again with your wife.

All the best

Steve (Paul!)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Just back from our short break at the Sun Inn, Kirkby Lonsdale, and wish it had been longer. I know I am repeating what others have said but I need to. We have stayed at many hotels in the Lakeland areas over the years and don't usually bother with reviews, BUT... This establishment is Excellent. As soon as we walked into the Sun we were met by smiling staff and were immediately attended to and welcomed, and then shown to our room, which was exactly as it was shown on the web-site, warm, spotlessly clean, and spacious, with a large en-suite bathroom with modern walk-in shower, quality toiletries and lovely matching bath-robes. We were given our parking-permit which is an excellent plus point, and began to enjoy our break immediately. The food in the restaurant is as good as it gets, prepared by an excellent chef who obviously takes great pride in his work, so make a point of dining here other than just enjoying the excellent breakfast. And there is abundant complimentary coffee in the bar for guests...another nice touch. I could go on but that would spoil it for new guests. I'll finish with the mention that every member of staff that we either dealt with, or just passed in the corridors, was extremely pleasant and friendly, (Steve, do you never tire?) taking the time to smile and say 'Hi' no matter what they were doing. We will be going back to stay at the Sun Inn whenever we can, and will also be making a point of calling whenever we are just out and about for a day drive up there. See you all again, and Thanks.
Good Luck with the flying, Andy.

Ruth & Darryl

Room Tip: You will not go wrong with any of the rooms here, and don't worry about the church bells, its no...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SunInnKirkbyLonsdale, Manager at Sun Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Haha.. thank you for this lovely review - I do tire sometimes!!

I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Liverpool
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have just had 2 nights at the Sun Inn and can't wait to go back - in fact as soon as I've written this I'm straight onto the web site to try to book!!!
From the way we were greeted when we arrived to the beautiful room (room1) the parking permit to the excellent toiletries the attention to detail for our dog - a beautifully wrapped bag of dog treats and his own bowl and also the offer of breakfast in the bar so the dog could join us- and there's also free coffee in the bar as well as in your room bath robes, ear plugs in case the church bells bother you,home made flapjacks in your room and a breakfast to die for
And as if that's not enough tge restaurant and bar are lovely
I want to say don't book because if everyone dies I mightn't get a room but I can't so book a room here -if you don't you'll be sorry!!
Oh and finally if the weather takes a turn for the worse and you're not prerared don't worry they gave wellingtons and raincoats to borrow!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SunInnKirkbyLonsdale, Owner at Sun Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for this lovely detailed review.

We really enjoyed looking after you all the the Sun and look forward to your next visit.

Mark & Lucy Fuller
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just come back from our stay at the sun inn for my birthday. We stayed in a standard room which was just lovely, very big! good bathroom with a huge shower, you got your own robes lots of nice toiletries to use. We brought our 7 month baby girl along with us and the sun inn made the whole experience stress free. Nothing was too much to ask really friendly and the main plus points was the food was excellent! We had 3 courses which was delicious I had the venison and my husband had the steak superb! We got our deserts brought up to our room so that we could put baby to bed and eat them in peace. Overall really good value we can't wait to book again! One and only regret was that we didn't bring the dog she would have loved it.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sun Inn with your dog too!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkby Lonsdale
#3 of 12 in Kirkby Lonsdale
Copper Kettle
Copper Kettle
#12 of 12 in Kirkby Lonsdale

Been to Sun Inn? Share your experiences!