“You won't be disappointed.”
Review of Lunesdale Bakery

Lunesdale Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: This is an excellent bakery with a cafe at the back. Indoor and otdoor seating. Great food from breakfast to full lunches.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a great place fantastic service freshly cooked food the souffle one of the best I've ever had. If you want just a drink or a light meal in a relaxed atmosphere it is a perfect place. First visit but will call again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Oh my goodness, the most delicious and exciting muffins ever- Black forest, apple pie, CHOCOLATE!! Plus the soup and a sandwich was great - fantastic value at £5.95 and massive - you frankly wouldn't want more for lunch! Service was excellent and extremely quick.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The drink and tray bake offer after 2.30pm is always appreciated after a long walk. At £3 it's a must. The roaring fire also a bonus.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a really lovely, if a bit quirky, cafe. First came here last year for breakfast which was absolutely superb. Returned this year, whilst on holiday in Dent and its just as good with one gripe which is the fact that Eggs, Bacon and Waffles with Maple Syrup has been removed from the breakfast menu! When I had this last year, it was the best breakfast I have ever had in a cafe/restaurant.

However, the cafe is still a great place to visit and the food we've had (and we've now been 4 times) is exceptional. The cafe is in a room behind the main bakery shop and is heated by an old fashioned range with open fire. We have been in the morning for breakfast and in the afternoon for tea and cakes and every time the staff have been really helpful and the food is always freshly cooked / baked and tea / coffee / chocolate is always good. If you have a breakfast before 10am (or might be 11am) they even throw in a free loaf from the bakers!

But please bring back bacon / eggs with waffles!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Kirkby Lonsdale - lovely town let down by its caterers?

Poor experience at the Orange Tree so thought we would try somewhere else in Kirkby.

Good menu, number of appealing dishes. Felt optimistic.

30 minutes after ordering no food had arrived, asked waiter to check & he said would be a couple of minutes as Chef "souflying" (excuse the spelling) the welsh rarebit. 3 minutes later chef comes to our table and says the check had been lost! Why didnt the waiter just tell it as it was.

Chef apologised, just as he had to the table next to us for some other problem.

Left without the chance to try the food

2  Thank berealUk
owain d, Owner at Lunesdale Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

First of all, I would loke to apoligise for your experience. As one of my chefs explained to you at the time this was basic human error, which in a people based business, does unfortunately happen. I have had the bakery for six years and I can assure you that this is the first time that this has ever happened. We did not charge you for your drinks, we apologised and we made it clear that you would be very well looked after if you were to return. The table next to you had no problem whatsoever and left a £5 tip, so I am a bit mystified as to your comment. We live and die on the basis of these reviews, and I think that as frustrating as your experience might have been, you are being a little unfair in your response. I am sure that in your professional lives, you too have made mistakes , regardless of systems which you have in place which to prevent problems. The waiter in question was not being dishonest, he simply had no idea that this was happening. Furthermore we write the time that the check was taken , and your order had been on for about 12 minutes, I am equally sure that you are not being dishonest , you must just have made a mistake.

Once again , I would like to apologise for what happened . Please believe me when I say that it caused me as much concern as it has caused you.

Owain Dew-Hughes. Owner.