“Great Accomodation in lovely countryside”
other travelers have booked this property
Balcony bedroom
Upstairs Balcony
Cath Kidson Children's dressing gowns
White Company Dressing gowns provided
Bath House products
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 15 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Alex N
“Great Accomodation in lovely countryside”
Reviewed November 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Had a great stay in this cottage, well presented accommodation and access to spa is a plus, and good for children too. Spa is not that fancy, but does the job for a family with kids. Whoop Hall restaurant manager was a bit of a disappointment, his attitude resulted in us looking elsewhere for food when we ate out, but there are plenty of nice alternatives in Kirkby Lonsdale and the local area. A good spot for a family getaway, we enjoyed walks in the local area, fun cave visit (White Scar) and wildlife (RSPB Leighton Moss). Also saw an impressive starling murmeration between Ingleton and Hawes which was great!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Standard of accomodation and location
Liked least: Whoop Hall Restaurant Manager
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Nov 8, 2016
Hi Alex

Thank you for your review, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Beech.

The Whoop Hall inn has nothing to do with the Meadows or my property and I deliberated on whether or not to forwarn my customers. However, I feel reluctant to pass my own influence on other people as it's unfair. I think it's a case of catching him on a good day, but as he's in the hospitality business he shouldn't have any off days at all. He's always been very friendly to me and his coffee is great! Believe it or not he used to be head hunted to work in KL as the most sought after and favourite bar manager in KL. Maybe he's had his day?

I agree the Country Club is looking a little tired and needs updating. This again is separate business from the Meadows. We buy a yearly membership from them for all our clients to enjoy as an extra. The weather can be unpredictable in the Lakes and when you have children you need to keep them active somehow.

Look forward to having you and your family visit us again soon.
Reviewed October 30, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It just felt like a lovely well loved house, a home from home
Liked least: The Beech was great but Whoop Hall was a bit pricy for the food however, there are plenty of great places nearby to eat out or even take away.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Oct 31, 2016
Peter, thank you for such wonderful feedback. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I welcome you and your family back very soon.
Fiona H
“Rev”
Reviewed October 22, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Excellent property in a lovely location. If you are looking for a self catering cottage with Spa and Gymn next door look no further. Surrounding area full of many beautiful sights and wonderful villages and towns to explore. Between lake and dale gives you the benefit of both. Highly recommended - Michelle the owner was very helpful and thoughtfull with little touches to make you feel special. We will be booking again

Oct 22, 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I wish that all my clients were as easy to please as you were. Thank you for your understanding while we had to replace some of the white goods in the house and I am glad you were the first family to try them out! I hope that you had the rest that you so needed.

I welcome you, your family and friends back again soon x
Jon W
“Gorgeous Property”
Reviewed September 6, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed for 5 nights at this gorgeous property! Absolutely everything we could have needed was available, a great place to stay with plenty of room we had 4 adults and 3 children aged 8 to 10, very clean and would definitely recommend Beech Meadows to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Sep 7, 2016
I really appreciate your kind comments.
I really love Beech and I have tried to make my guests feel at home while there are away, with all the little extras that you might not treat yourself to while you are at home.

14Amy
York, United Kingdom
“A very relaxing stay with everything we needed!”
Reviewed August 14, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed for 3 nights at the lovely cottage! There was everything we could have needed, a great place to stay, very clean and would definitely recommend Beech Meadows to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Aug 15, 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review Amy! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

mehanaz b
London, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING”
Reviewed August 12, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I wouldn't know where to start but couldn't wait until I got back home to write the review so I'm still on holiday and writing this review.
Beech Meadow is absolutely amazing!!!
I would recommend this and have already recommended this place to all my friends and family.
It has breathe taking views, amazing location, the house is soooooo clean and fresh looks like it's just been built, the leisure centre facilities are awesome and having free passes is the icing on the cake!
Michelle the owner is amazingly helpful she's always there when you need a question answered, the rates for the house are spot on!
Well worth the money!
The kitchen utilities to bathroom toiletries and sky movies!!! she's given more than what is expected!
There are countless amount of things to do in the area and the people around are sooo Friendly. I could go on n on, but I should stop now!
Please do book beech meadow
You will have the time of your life!

Aug 14, 2016
Mehanaz
thank you sooo much for a wonderful review!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Beech. I really try to give people what I would want on my holiday. Hopefully I have got it right but welcome any suggestions from my holiday clients what would make it better.
I look forward to welcoming you back with friends and family.

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Aug 11, 2016
Dear Angie
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm really please that you enjoyed your stay and I will look forward to welcoming you back again.
Michelle
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing