“Excellent Dinner”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have always been a fan of Tom Kerridge so my husband booked us a table for dinner at this charming restaurant.

It was fantastic! Food was perfectly cooked, service was very efficient and professional and the atmosphere very vibrant.

Nightly recommend it!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,815)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been a fan of Tom Kerridge for quite a while. I like his style of food. It was a lovely surprise to find out that my hubby had booked a table for lunch, for my birthday. We were greeted by very friendly faces and made to feel welcome straight away. We had a drink in the bar before our meal. The guy who looked after us in the bar was really helpful with choosing our wine for our meal. He gave me a couple of 'tasters' first before we chose. We had a lovely experience and the food totally lived up to Tom Kerridges reputation. It was a pity he wasn't there on the day but we were told he now likes to try to work Mon-Fri, to enable him to spend time at the weekend with his family, and why not...family comes first, so good on him. Would definately go again. Marlow is a lovely town and we had a walk along the river after. Thanks to all the staff at the Hand and Flowers.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Made an enquiry in February and was very lucky to get a booking for accommodation and Sunday lunch for bank holiday weekend. The service and attention given by all of the staff was exceptional and the food was superb. We stayed in Mallard in Duck Terrace and the room was perfect, particularly having a hot tub on our private terrace. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my partner booked the hand of flowers to kick off our honeymoon and we were not disappointed! Absolutely fantastic food, ambience, service. They really spoilt us and made our evening feel extremely special.

The little touches really count and they couldn’t have got it anymore bang on if they tried. Staff are very attentive and can’t do enough for you.

The food - what can I say, possibly the best meal we’ve ever had. I didn’t think toast could taste as good! The lamb and haggis starter is to die for. We both had steak for main and it was perfectly cooked and literally fell apart in your mouth. Outstanding!!!

1  Thank Brent A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Greeted on arrival and escorted to our table, which was lovely. The food was good but not outstanding, which I had hoped it would be. The staff were polite but made you feel rushed which should not happen in a 'Michelin' star restaurant, or any restaurant. The restaurant lacks atmosphere. The toilets were very close to the kitchen and the ladies was not particularly clean and there was only one toilet! The patio, overlooking the car park, should have some cover. All such a shame as we were so looking forward to our visit. Will not return as far better restaurants in the area.

3  Thank CurlyWatford