“Wedding Anniversary Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Hand & Flowers
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Marlow
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Wedding Anniversary Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

What a fantastic Restraurant (once you can get through!). The food was amazing, the service amazing - it lived up to our expectations. My hubby and I are quite hard to please, and we were well satsified - all beautifully cooked and well presented - we will definetly be going back, my only one small niggle is it does get quite hot down the end of the Restaurant, hopefully they will address that once the re-furb has taken place, because I want to go back for my birthday, I'm already looking at the menu to see what to have next time!

• Slovak first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Booked as a birthday treat for my wife last November and visited on 18th May 2013. The wait was well worth while. Food, service and atmosphere all first class and have no hesitation in awarding 5 stars all round. Staff were all unfailingly polite and friendly. The food is everything good that you have read about and did not disappoint. We had a 9pm booking which meant that we had our table for the rest of the night, and could relax between courses. Nice touch was a birthday card for my wife waiting for us on our table, and an even better touch was having it personally signed by Chef Patron Tom later on on the evening as we were invited into the kitchen to meet him. What a wonderfully personal touch...Tom you are a gent!

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Celebrated Dad's 89th birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wonderful food, excellent service with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. As we were shown to our table all the staff wished dad a 'happy birthday' and they has placed a card on the table for him. We could not manage a pudding, but the starter and mains were superb. Tom and his team definitely deserve their Michellin stars.

Visited May 2013
Bedfordshire
“Mostly excellent except you cannot get through on the phone!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had booked for my husband's birthday lunch. Very hard to get a table. Had a message to confirm booking and could never get through to anyone to confirm as requested. Left a voicemail but then had another message when en route so obviously no-one had listened to my voicemail! Thankfully they were expecting us when we arrived! Food and wine excellent, not cheap but worth it for the flavours. One criticism from me was that the duck fat chips were over salted, and I see that others have made the same remark. I hate things that are under seasoned, a common fault in many restaurants, but, at the same time, don't like too much. Tom, please note and tell the chef to be a little less heavy handed in the salt department :-) It's easy to add a bit at the table but you cannot remove it! All in all a great meal but please sort out your telephones so that we can speak to you!

nottingham
“If Only”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Would love to review this establishment properly but impossible. Love the type of food that Tom Kerridge produces and wanted to celebrate our February 2014 Ruby Wedding in style by staying overnight and having an excellent meal. From looking on the web site realised that overnight accommodation might be problematic but was willing to stay elsewhere for such a gourmet experience. After trying the booking line several times I eventually left a message with my requirements and contact number. Several days later I tried again! After another few days of anticipation (2 weeks!) I have now given up in disgust. What an abysmal situation when you cannot get to speak to a human being..especially in the service industry. Has Tom's success been too much for him?
On a much brighter note...thank goodness for Nigel Haworth and Northcote Manor..phones answered immediately and booking taken. Looking forward to reviewing there next year.

Visited April 2013