“An excellent Guest House”

Glade End Guest House
Ranked #3 of 21 Marlow B&B and Inns
Rochester
“An excellent Guest House”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband I stayed overnight in Marlow and were very pleased with our accommodation. Glade End is a very upmarket Guest House. The bedroom, dining room and in fact the whole house was perfect, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Lily and staff were welcoming and helpful. We would definately recommend to everyone.
Our trip was to dine at the Hand and Flowers in Marlow - we had a magical stay in Marlow and will be visiting again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive suite the Tierney Room, absolutely perfect
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear M H,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your kind comments and your recommendation. I am pleased that we were able to contribute to your magical time in Marlow. We look forward to welcoming you back to Glade End.
Lily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my second stay at glade end and as expected Lily and her staff made sure my stay was faultless. I come to Marlow to visit my daughter and glade end is perfectly positioned for me to walk to her home or pop to the nearby high street. My room was spotless and the house beautifully decorated. The breakfast menu caters for all tastes, as a vegetarian this is especially important for me as I know I won't be limited on choice. I recommend glade end without hesitation :)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Lmswrd,
Thank you for continuing to stay with us whilst you visit your daughter. I am pleased that you find our location convenient and that we are able to cater to your dietary needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

There are many more famous places to stay in and around Marlow but I very much doubt that you will find anything to beat Glade End in terms of value, cleanliness or friendliness. I am not a natural bed and breakfast habitué but this place is fantastic.

It is situated within easy walking distance to the town centre. There is plentiful car parking and it sits in a peaceful location. The rooms are absolutely immaculate and the full English breakfast is superb. The real stars of the show are the team who run the place. They went out of their way to ensure that we had a memorable weekend family party.

Very highly recommended.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ian P,
Thank you for taking the time to write and for your lovely comments. I am thrilled that your experience of a Glade End Guest House was "fantastic" and that you enjoyed our Chef cooked English breakfast.
It was lovely to have met the family and we look forward to welcoming you back to Glade End on another family occasion.
London
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for my Dad's birthday and had a fantastic stay.
I was blown away by the efforts Lily, Sue and the rest of the team went to both before and during our stay.
They were incredibly helpful beforehand - arranging pre-dinner drinks, a taxi to the restaurant etc.
And during the stay, helped us with several nice touches to make it a truly memorable night.

Added to that, the accommodation itself is faultless. Spacious, beautifully furnished rooms, seriously comfy beds, and a delicious Full English!

It's also in a brilliant location, where you feel as if you are in a peaceful enclave, but you're actually only a few minutes' stroll from the action.

I would firmly recommend Glade End to anyone. It really is a hidden gem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sophie P,
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am thrilled to hear you all had a lovely weekend and that we were able to make it extra special for your father.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Glade End on another family occasion.
Thank you once again for staying with us.
Best wishes
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a lovely Guest House. The booking in was faultless, car could be parked outside. The Tierney Room was tatsefully furnished, the bed was large and bedding crisp and white. It scored 10/10 from us. Our son had married in All Saints Church by the River Thames in Marlow some 15 years ago and it has not changed since that time. Lovely restaurants, pubs and shops. Now breakfast at Glade End was scrumptious, cooked fresh for you, and it is not often you get that kind of service. We would definitely return there. Staff were very, very obliging. We stayed two nights and are sorry we did not plan a longer stay.

Room Tip: The Redgrave Room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LilyGrant, Manager at Glade End Guest House, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Ray B
Thank you for your fantastic comments, especially the scoring, and for taking the time to write to us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Tierney room with its tasteful furnishings and super king bed, and that you found everything to your liking. We are delighted to hear that your past enjoyment of Marlow was rekindled and brought back lovely memories of your son’s wedding. Thank you for your compliments regarding breakfast and the service we offer which I will pass on to our Chef and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Glade End in the future.
With kind regards
Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a perfect spot to enjoy Marlow from. On arrival the self check in was easy and well organised, our room Peacock was immaculate and very comfortable. Peaceful stay and ideal to be able to walk into Marlow to enjoy dinner and drinks. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and staff couldn't have been more friendly or polite. Highly recommended, we very much hope to return soon! Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Milney13,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to write to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful Peacock room and that you found the room immaculate, relaxing and very comfortable. I will pass on your kind comments to all our staff. I am pleased you found the check-in process easy and our location perfect for exploring Marlow. Thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Glade End in the near future.
With kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed for one night, attending a function at an alternative venue.
Check in was simple, there was no one there at the time of our arrival, however, one little phone call and we were directed to Number 75 across the road.
The room was immaculate, a quality feel to the whole building.
Car parking is not a problem, there is plenty of room for several cars.
Breakfast is, as one would expect, excellent, again, quality prevails.
We will definitely stay at Glade End again if and when we are in the area in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Albrad57,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments, and taking the time to write to us. I am pleased that you found our check-in process and car parking easy, and thrilled that you found our guest house a quality experience, and enjoyed the ambience of No75. Thank you for your compliments regarding breakfast which I have passed on to the Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back to Glade End in the future.
With kind regards,
Lily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Premier Inn Marlow Hotel
Chequers Inn Hotel and Restaurant
Hotel du Vin
Hotel du Vin
#1 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames

Been to Glade End Guest House? Share your experiences!