“Third vist”

The Prince Of Wales
Ranked #17 of 21 Marlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was not our first choice but we had stayed there twice befor so we new the location, clean and tidy and parking is very good and its just of the main high street, we had three rooms and as on other occasions the shower's had problems and the radiators were still on , this was heatwave weekend july 13th also there is just a cold breakfast in you're fridge this was a disapointment the rooms were £70 each but Marlow is pricey anyway

Room Tip: Anex upstairs tight with cases
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Chose this inn due to it's location to The Hand and Flowers, which we were visiting for my other half's birthday, and looking at seemingly good reviews expected it to be a reasonable choice for our budget. Maybe I should have done a little more searching though. We were given the ground floor room, which is directly opposite the entrance door - any time someone enters/leaves or used the stairs the noise seemed amplified through the room.

In addition, the ceiling was so thin it was possible to hear the conversations and pacing of the guest upstairs (which he did continuously from 5am-9am, who on earth gets up at 5am to walk around the room for 4 hours?!) Also, being as it's July we had to choose between slowing baking through the night or opening the window, allowing all sorts of insects in.

Had the guest upstairs been more quiet, I'm sure it would have earned itself another star, but considering it would have been quieter in a family home equal blame goes to the building.

While the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the shower was awful and the drain blocked.

Marlow is an undeniably lovely place to visit, but £80 was overpriced in our opinion for this standard. Had it been £20 cheaper it would have earned itself a higher rating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CharSuiBun
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been driven to write my first review (after using this site many times). I found this accommodation to be a complete rip off. I did get stuck at short notice finding a place on a Saturday night, so chose this. I had a single room for 75 pounds, which I found to be a very high price for what it is.
A reasonably sized room with OK decoration, and a nicely tiled bathroom (apart from the hospital style lino on the floor), but it has a noisy kitchen extractor fan outside the window (and the room gets hot if the window is kept closed), and a noisy mini-fridge near my head (I unplugged it for the night). The bed is soft as well.
While advertised as an in-room continental breakfast - it is dreadful for this price. When I checked in there was one cereal choice and yoghurt, although mysteriously by the evening more options had been added (apple, muffin, second packet of cereal and yoghurt, muesli bar), none of it particularly appetising looking.
A lot of money for a single room with a poor breakfast - even for Marlow. I have stayed in other B and B's here far better for a lot less.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Good location not far from the river, Rebellion beer from local brewery is worth a try, offer excellent Thai food menu and accommodation thrown in which is attached to the pub, which offers comfortable accommodation at a realistic price. Good parking. On the slightly negative side, bar staff a little slow to serve.

Room Tip: Book via late rooms.com
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The breakfast is derisory, particularly for those walking the Thames Path: Cocopops, a muffin and a fruit bar left in the room the night before, with no choice offered. Also, payment for the rooms, which at £80 and £70 were overpriced, was taken off my credit card when I made the booking, rather than when I arrived. In short, the Prince of Wales is a rip-off.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SHSP
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked through Laterooms the previous day.
£85 for what is effectively a room next door to a pub is a little expensive but of course this is Marlow.
Room ok, clean and came with a continental breakfast all good to go in a little fridge. Cooked breakfast doesn't appear to be an option.
TV faulty.
Price range IMHO should be nearer £60 a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business