“Good room”

Crowne Plaza Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed for a night when attending a wedding nearby. The hotel check-in was very prompt and efficient and we were upgraded to an executive room, we had called ahead to see if we could check-in early and the hotel kindly obliged. The hotel bar is large with a fully stocked bar plus 3 real ales from the local Rebellion Brewery, as expected bar prices were on the steep side. The hotel is clean and modern, although I must admit I was slightly concerned what we would find while driving through an industrial estate to get there.
Our room was a good size with a huge bed, a large sized desk, the bathroom had a bath and separate shower and lotions and potions that you would expect.
The package that we booked included a breakfast option for £10 there was a good selection of cereals, cold meats, cheese, fruit juices along with a hot buffet which was very good value. There was also an option to have a variety of items cooked to order.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy an upgrade. Thank you for your comments regarding both the customer service and the room amenities, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and I can assure you that the respective departments will be informed.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Marlow

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed at this Crowne Plaza a number of times and it is very reliable with comfortable rooms, a good gym and spa and a decent breakfast.
Booking a while in advance gets pretty good rates and if you have my status in the Priority Club the nibbles & wine in the lounge are a nice perk

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank spanysim

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you find the Hotel a reliable place to stay, where you can enjoy good rates and a wide range of amenities that suit your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed for one night and was very happy with the room which was clean and spacious with everything that we needed. Can't say that I slept well though because the pillows were lumpy and not very comfortable at all and it was too late to request a change by the time I found out. Our room overlooked the car park but was very quiet. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service were very good, if a little pricey. Visited the nice bar but prices here were exorbitant ......Martini/lemonade, Jack Daniels/coke, Scotch, and one beer came to £34 and in my book that is vastly overpriced for any establishment. Had the prices been more realistic we would have stayed longer and probably spent more so I don't think that it does any favours for the hotel in the long run.

Room Tip: I ask for a quiet room and this is what I was given.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the bedroom amenities to your satisfaction, I do apolgise that you found the pillows uncomfortable a member of our team would have been happy provide you additional ones had you requested it.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience in our award winning Glaze Restaurant and will pass your compliments on to the respective departments. It was with regret that I read that you found both the restaurant and bar prices high, may I take the opportunity to assure you that along with all our pricing structures we do endeavour to remain competitive with other establishments, and that they are constantly under review to maintain this.

I do hope that despite this we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here on a busy Monday night on a DBB rate @ £160! Exceptionally clean & contemporary, spacious room, with every modern convenience included. The welcome & general service throughout was efficient, professional & customer-orientated; nothing was too much trouble. The pool facility was great & a real added bonus after a long work-day & everywhere was immaculate. The dinner was excellent; plenty of selection, beautifully presented & totally delicious! Breakfast was equally as good; something for every taste & quality throughout. Will definitely return & recommend, although please be aware the location of this hotel is quite removed from immediate & local amenities; whilst not a problem for me, this may be for other Travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found that everything from the excellence in customer service to the full English buffet breakfast met your requirements and fulfilled expectations. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our wide range of leisure facilities, and do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Modern hotel with up to date sanitary fittings etc and plenty of space in the room. Bed and linen were very comfortable. Quiet location even though it is close to an industrial estate.

Ate in the restaurant and had great food and service.

If you need to be in the area but don't need to be in the centre of town you should give this hotel a try.

1  Thank VANDICARLTON
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this month, and that you found the Hotel's location and amenities complimented your needs. I very pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our award winning restaurant and assure you your compliments will be passed onto the respective teams.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a very positive experience at this hotel.

The check in process was a breeze, we had a warm welcome and my Platinum Elite status was aknowledge with a complimentary upgrade.

The Club room was very beautiful and had everything I could hope for. Crispy white linens, tea making facilities and great pillows.

The Club lounge was rather small and the selection of drinks not as great as other properties (no spirits or mixers) but on the plus side the finger buffett was excellent, well done! Breakfast in the lounge was ok, could have been better if more variety was available.

Leasure facilities are excellent, I really enjoyed the outdoors hot tub, there's a nice view of a lake and the gym looked good too.

I was very impressed and can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank avs75

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay was enhanced by the complimentary upgrade and access to the Club Lounge.

Please be assured that we value your feedback and your loyalty to the IHG brand. I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I regularly stay at the Crowne Plaza in Marlow, and the facilities are excellent. Friendly staff, lovely pool, comfortable rooms and plenty of free parking. Only criticism is - the food is too expensive.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard G

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow earlier this month. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with and that our staff were friendly and efficient in their service, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our wide range of facilities.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the dining experience, my apologies that you found it expensive I do assure you that we endeavour to remain competitive with other establishments in the area.

Hotel Administrator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
#1 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Crowne Plaza Marlow? Share your experiences!