“Great location and four star standard ?”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Great location and four star standard ?”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This Hotel is located in a good location for visiting towns along the Thames towards Windsor. A clean and smart Hotel with a great breakfast overlooking the lake. Only fault was that there were no tea bags in the room on arrival and the next morning we discovered the shower soap container was empty. When you pay and stay four star you do expect higher standards than this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Hotel ideally suited to visiting some of the famous towns in the area.

Thank you for your comments regarding the lack of complimentary additions to the bedroom, I am sorry for this inconvenience and can assure you it will be investigated immediately.

I hope that this matter will not deter you from returning to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This is quite a big venue, much bigger than you think with a beautiful lakeside location.
I was visiting for a friends wedding held at the location and the wedding was perfect and seemed to go to plan- so well done to the hotel on that front:) the rooms were fit for purpose and the food and drink was great quality.
The bedrooms had everything you would need and expect of a high star hotel and were modern, clean and practical.i was especially impressed with the bathroom as it had a stand up shower cubicle as well as a bath and double bowl sink-so quite plush. So many hotels only have a shower in the bath, do the stand alone shower was a great bonus. Also if you like TV then this is the hotel gor you, huge TV in the bedroom.
Reception staff were lovely, really friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was really well cooked and there was plenty of choice including the full English as well as ceral, toast, fruit and continental style. Even though there was a lot of people the resturant seemed organised and there was room for all.
While here i also used the sports bar, dedpite the decor being a bit dark in here for daytime use, in the evening it really worked and gave it a trendy soho chic feel. Very big space and again enough room for everyone.
Another great thing about this hotel is its location, not too far from the Marlow High Street and great for going out and exploring the nearby towns of Windsor and Ascot.
We had a really nice stay here and our friends wedding was beautiful and we were all looked after really well by the team here at this venue.

• Stayed August 2013
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that your friend's wedding was a successful event and thank you for your comments regarding the smooth efficiency with which it was run. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy the Hotel's amenities as well as the 5 acres of grounds in which we are situated.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Looking for a hotel in the area I came across the most amazing rate for a Sunday night for their King Suite, can't tell how much (or how little) you would be so jealous! We even choose to book for the Saturday as well using some priority club points. Staff on arrival were very professional as you would expect, they had also taken flowers sent to me by my mum & dad for my birthday to our room in advance of our arrival. We ate out that evening and the hotel sorted out a car for us which turned up on time and was every bit as professional as the hotel. Sunday they had a charity day which meant a lot of people but it was never overwhelming and with the wonderful weather it was amazing to sit on the lawns and people watch.

Having seen the sample menu online and it the evening menu posted outside the restaurant at breakfast on the Sunday we planned to dine in the hotel Sunday night. However then actual menu we were presented with once seated was a set 2 course meal for £25 and it had changed to a very very basic version consisting of fish and chips, risotto, sausage and mash and to top it all the 6oz steak was an extra £9, Go figure! We understand the hotel has to give the chef a night or two off and that they had been buys with the fun day, but that should not be at the disappointment of it's customers. At 8pm on a Sunday night we decided to find somewhere else to eat instead of sampling the breakfast sausages for dinner.

Was happy to skip the sausages at breakfast to as it is buffet style and looked a bit dried up, good choice of juice and fruit though which was a good start to the day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you overall enjoyed you Birthday stay with us and that our staff were friendly and efficient in their service. However I was concerned to read that there were some aspects that did not live up to expectation and this included dinner in Glaze Restaurant and also the buffet full English breakfast. Please be assured that these concerns will be investigated to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I do hope that despite these issues we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My partner and I attended a friend's wedding party here and then stayed overnight. The approach to the hotel through an industrial estate was a bit disconcerting but we were pleasantly surprised once we got there.

We arrived early Saturday evening so that we could go for a swim before the party. Really nice pool which was virtually deserted. Our room exceeded our expectations with two massive beds, a spacious bathroom and all sorts of luxury touches. The aircon system was welcome on what was a very hot night.

In the morning we went for a beautiful walk along the Thames path and then for another swim in the hotel pool, which was quiet again, before enjoying a great breakfast.

The service we encountered from all the staff was efficient and friendly. We paid £116 'advance saver rate' for the room and breakfast and thought that was rather good value.

This is a modern, functional building rather than a character property but they did everything well and if they hadn't charged for internet access I may well have given them an overall rating of five stars instead of four.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliaWestLondon
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us exceeded expectation that while staying for your friend's wedding you had the opportunity to enjoy our leisure facilities, and the friendly and efficient service of our staff.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed with our 2 children in a family room for 1 night prior to visiting legoland the next day. Due to our late booking we paid considerably less than the full price. On arrival we were disappointed by the outside of the hotel which wasn't attractive however inside we were pleasantly suprised. We arrived late evening after a long drive and ate in the bar. The food was expensive and the best that I can say was that it was ok. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious and on the ground floor which was good. The bed wasn't great just a bit too soft for me which meant i didn't have a great sleep. I was really looking forward to a cooked breakfast however it was disappointing. Buffet style which is fine but everything just wasn't very tasty, fresh or hot. More service station than a nice hotel. Overall though good value for money, helpful staff and the view from the back of hotel was lovely. We would stay again if revisiting legoland as it had an ideal location.

Room Tip: The hotel is big, our family room was on the ground floor near to the reception. It was quiet and ea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna610
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Hotel a comfortable environment with friendly and efficient staff. I was concerned to read that there were some aspects that did not live up to expectation including the bar food, and the buffet breakfast. Please be assured that the management team will discuss your feedback and take the appropriate action.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went there for a works meeting, the facilities were very modern and clean, food was amazing, the surroundings are stunning. The room we had the meeting in overlooked a gorgeous lake, i cannot tell you the overnight stay as i was only there for a couple of hours but i d recommend it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted you enjoyed the time you spent at the Hotel and the business facilities were suited to your needs. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return and enjoy the other amenities we have to offer.

Surrey, Uk
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited for a single night (our 15th wedding anniversary, for which we both deserve a medal). We had mentioned that, and the hotel had been kind enough to leave a plate of fruit and a nice card, but in a room overlooking the car park. Not a great view. However, that was the sole black mark against this excellent hotel.

Although you do have to drive through an industrial estate to get there, once you are 'on property,' an effort has been made to prettify the drive up to the hotel. There is plentiful free parking, with no nonsense about tickets and tokens (all other hotels please note!). Check-in was swift and polite. the room was smart, with a huge bed. The bathroom was perfectly clean and modern, although the roof of the shower cubicle was oddly discoloured (Room 122). The 30 minutes of free wi-fi was appreciated, but the speed (512kb/sec) was too slow for it to be of any use. I gave up trying to use it in the end.

The health/sports club on site was very good: Check-in was very fast and hassle free. The pool had great quality water and lanes for faster and slower swimmers, as well as an area for messing about. The sauna and steam room were a good size. Best of all, there were double doors leading from the swimming pool out onto a huge lawn area next to a lovely lake (where there was some water-skiiing going on). It was a very pleasant temperature and thee were families out there enjoying the summer weather. Very nice.

We went out for dinner in Marlow (great selection of pubs and restaurants). Breakfast the next morning was good - attentive staff and a good selection for breakfast (no 'fruit and fibre' though).

I then went to the health club to do some jogging on a treadmill, but after about five minutes it gave me brain-ache. So I gave up on that and ran out onto the lawn, by the lake and eventually found myself a footpath (through the gates and over the railway) that led down to the Thames River Path. Running along here in the sunshine and fresh air was infinitely better than being on a running machine! The footpath was not advertised in the hotel and I suspect that the counter-staff wouldn't be aware of it, but it was certainly worth seeking out and finding.

I did wonder whether this hotel would make a good base for a triathlon (swim in the lake, bike out onto the country roads, run along the Thames Path). It gave me something to think about while I was running, anyway.

Checkout was fast and no hassle. We did pay £2 for a morning paper - odd that it wasn't complimentary?

We paid a very reasonable price for a nice room and breakfast. We'd definitely come here again, and would also bring the children and grand-parents - they'd all enjoy it. Thanks to the hotel staff for a job well done.

Room Tip: Not facing the car park - it's a little bit glum. Rooms not facing the car park would look out o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

I am so pleased to read that you chose to celebrate your 15th anniversary at the Hotel and that it was such a success! Thank you so much for your comments, I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the Hotel's amenities and found almost everything to your satisfaction.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!