“Good, with some minor things they could improve.”

Crowne Plaza Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for a visit at restaurant The hand and flowers, which it was great for, just a short taxi ride away.
Pool, rooms and bar were all fine. Huge plasma TV a bonus since the weather wasn't so good.
Tips for improvement: provide two robes for a double room not one, free wifi for more than 30 minutes, less pricey breakfast in the room, and front desk could do with smiling once in a while :)
Apart from that, all good!

1  Thank MatsRennstam
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback, we appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you stay with us was pleasurable and thank you for your suggestions which will be discussed within the management team.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our second visit to this hotel, we enjoyed it so much that we came again. It is a big, bright modern hotel, with lots of facilities. It's off the main road on an industrial estate but set in beautiful grounds. It's very close to the M40 and 30 minutes from central London so great stop over place.

Our room was large and spacious we had two extremely comfortable double beds, there was a work desk, arm chair, safe and mini bar, plus tea and coffee. The bathroom was also good a bath and a walk in shower. The rooms were very quiet and the curtains kept the light out enabling a good nights sleep.

The restaurant was good, we had pre-booked dinner so it was a set menu but it provided a variety of choices. The food was generally well cooked, the soup was over peppered, the fries were limp. The service in the restaurant was only reasonable we waited a long time to be served and breakfast was very chaotic the tables were not properly laid and we had to chase the waiters for hot drinks. The food at breakfast was very good and the hot food was hot and tasty.

The reception staff were very nice Alfonso on check in and Chanelle on check out.

Room Tip: Book a room with two double beds as they are a really good size
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

I was delighted to read that you found that the Hotel suited your requirements, in particular the bedroom amenities.

I was concerned to read that the restaurant food did not live up to expectation and that there were certain aspects of your evening meal that fell below our usual high standards. I would like to assure you this matter will be investigated to ensure that it does not occur again.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff. I have stayed at the CP Marlow on a number of occasions for business. Not once have I had a bad room or experience. The front desk is very welcoming and helpful. There is an onsite gym and swimming pool, again the service is very good. The gym is a good size and bigger than the average ones at other hotels. The rooms are very nice and come with a mini bar (payable) and separate sitting area (based on my stays). The Glaze restaurant is very nice and serves some excellent food. The food is of a high standard. The food served in the bar is nice and there is a decent choice. The staff in the bar area can be a little too eager at times. Breakfast is very good and there is plenty to choose from, in addition food can be ordered. There is free internet for 30 minutes but after that you have to pay roughly around £5 for 2 hours and £13 for 24 hours. I would say this is the best hotel in Marlow to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlw79
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. I was delighted to read that your stay was so enjoyable and that you had the time to take advantage of our wide range of facilities.

Regarding the internet, as I have mentioned in several other responses, internet connection will be free to all our Elite Priority Club Members as of the 1st July 2013, as a frequent visitor I do hope you are (or will become) signed up to the IHG reward program and be able to take advantage of this benefit.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Lovely hotel, everyone is so helpful and friendly, from the minute I made the reservation I knew it was going to be good, Szonja at in house reservation was unbelievably helpful, juggling rooms around to ensure we had what we needed. I requested no feathers in the room as I have an allergy and was amazed to check in and find this had already been done, as normally at other large chain hotels it is always noted down but never done. It was my birthday and my husband had spoken to another lovely helpful lady and requested flowers to be waiting in the room as a surprise and this was all done and the flowers were beautiful. we had a twin room with two doubles and a camp bed put in as well as we were travelling with two children the rooms are very spacious and even with the additional bed it was fine in there. Breakfast was lovely and had everything you could need again service was excellent. we used the pool which does have restricted hours for children but is nice and big and the changing rooms are very nice and clean, my only gripe was staff allowing children to play with a tennis ball in the pool as it was dangerous and the parents were too busy in the Jacuzzi to keep an eye on them. I wish everyone would send there staff here for training and show them this is how it should be done. We will definitely return as Marlow is such a lovely area and we are pleased to of found this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was so enjoyable, we understand that it can be the details that make a difference and I am so pleased that we helped make your birthday a success! Please be assured that your particular mention of Szonja in In House Reservations has been noted and she has been recognized for her efforts.

Your constructive comments regarding the children in the pool has also been noted by the management team and I apologize for this occurrence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the future.

Hotel Adminstrator

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The staff are very helpful, the rooms are very nice, room service tuna sandwiches at 1 am excellent. The location is via a tatty industrial estate, no big deal, just weird. My only real gripe is the Internet fee. Free 30 mins but then ridiculous prices for 2 hours or 24 hours. As a gold priority club member I was surprised it wasn't a perk but actually, in this day and age paying for Internet access at all is really unusual and unwelcome. With 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and a laptop as our standard travel gadgets, these fees mean I will never stay here again.

1  Thank Liz F

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your feedback as it help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was concerned to read that due to the internet charges you are loath to stay with us again, please be assured that as of July 1st all Elite Members will have the benefit of free internet access. Taking this into account I do hope you will reconsider your decision, because from your feedback I can see that the rest of the stay was extremely pleasurable.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at the Crown Plaza whilst walking the Thames Path - for which it is ideally located as there is a short and pleasant footpath to the hotel from the Path. It's a bit of a slog into town, much nicer to walk along the river than through the industrial estate which provides the main access by road,. The room was very comfortable, quiet and well-equipped and the staff welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service we strive to achieve.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was pleasurable and that we provided a friendly and efficiently environment that you found pleasurable. I do hope that you had enjoyable time exploring the Thames Path and that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just stayed at this hotel ,attending a wedding , the Reception & Bar staff are very good the location of the hotel is on the edge of a dated industrial estate and the hotel its self is a very odd building but once inside its all changes and is a relaxing stay , the breakfast is good and plenty full , Marlow in a short cab ride away £7 each way , the bar prices in the hotel are something else !! they only only serve double measure as standard and its £8.25 for glass of wine ! shame really as it makes a short break in the UK the same cost as a week in Europe

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read your stay was a success and that you found the Hotel complimented your needs. In respect to your comments about the bar prices, I can assure you that we keep all our
tariffs competitive with other establishments in the area, and our bar staff are more than happy to serve single measures if this is what you require.

I do hope that this will not deter you from returning to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the future and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Administrator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate
#1 of 2 in Chesham

Been to Crowne Plaza Marlow? Share your experiences!