“Best evening meal we've ever eaten.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
“Best evening meal we've ever eaten.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while on a weekend away to Legoland which is just up the road. The staff were so friendly, they made us feel really at home. The waiters were really friendly and helpful and everyone was so welcoming to children. The evening meal was, quite honestly, the best dinner we have ever eaten in our lives, and we've had some good food! My husband had the lamb rump and I had the pork belly. Both had a red wine jus that takes three days to make. Unbelievably tasty. Rooms were really good sizes and beds really comfy. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you all very much.

• Stayed March 2013
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

It was delightful to read your review, I am so pleased that that your stay was a success and that your evening meal in Glaze Restaurant exceeded all expectation.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I will start with the positives and say our room was excellent. Clean, tidy, decent mattress, pillows and duvet. Excellent choice of channels on the TV (including sky sports) and a temperature control for the room.

From the start ( We had accepted it was Easter Sunday) we felt the hotel's organisation was quite poor, we waited 10 minutes to check in whilst there was only one member of staff on the reception.

We then got to our lovely room and decided to get something to eat so headed to the hotel's restaurant where we were told that there was not a table available until 9 (again we had no problem with this as it was Easter Sunday and we had not pre booked). So we decided to take the booking and head next door to the bar to wait. We ordered some bar snacks from the menu (although there was hardly anything available from the vast menu and waited 1 whole hour before somebody came over and asked us what we had actually ordered, we cancelled our order and headed for the restaurant.

In the restaurant the service was good and the food that we actually managed to eat was good, however, they had hardly anything left. Both my choice of starter and main course were not available and my wife's first choice starter was not available. We both ended up ordering the burger for main ( which was homemade and delicious, but £50 for burger and chips felt a bit over the top). I should also add the spinach gnocchi starter I had was delicious.

We both had a good nights sleep and the bathroom facilities in the morning were very good, as was the breakfast offered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that although there were some factors that disappointed, your overall stay with us was a success and that your bedroom facilites exceeded expectation.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise the customer service you experianced did not live up to our usual high standards. We endeavour to ensure that our guests are Checked In in a reasonable timespace, however it is ineveitable that at times this is not always possible. I am sorry for the inconvieniance.

In respect to your comments about the bar service, please be assured that this has been investigated, we do not like our guests to be kept waiting and the time span you describe is not exceptable.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal in Glaze Restaurant, I am sorry that your initial choices were not available, but am pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your burgers. I can assure you that our prices are competitive with other establishments in the area.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, it has been discussed with the management team and the necessary steps have been taken to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome both you and your wife back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

From the moment we arrived until we left absolutely fantastic service. The Reception staff were polite and helpful. The room was superb, clean, comfortable and modern. Food was of an excellent standard, bar staff and waiters constantly ensured our stay was pleasurable. We used the spa facilities which were clean and had a peaceful atmosphere. We had two treatments each by Julie which were fantastic. I have been on a few spa breaks but none have ever been as relaxing as this hotel. All credit to the staff who obviously love their work and strive to make this hotel successful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was pleasurable, and that you found our staff and the facilities consistant with the exceptional standards we strive to achieve. Please be assured that your particular mention of Julie will not go unnoticed and she will be recognised for her efforts.

I do hope that we will have the oppportunity to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stay here often as I have family in Marlow. The hotel is clean, well equipped and only a 20 minutes walk from the town.
It is modern and stylish and I will always return. The gym is small but has lots of machines and is air conditioned. Even though I only stay for a weekend at a time, I always find time for the gym, pool, bar and restaurant as I feel I have to use them all!
Breakfast is amazing with a fantastic choice, I can guarantee nobody will go hungry at breakfast! I also had afternoon tea here for my nephews christening and even the sandwiches were lovely. The staff are very friendly and nothing is to much for them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy J
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments because they can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that as a frequent visitor to the Hotel you have had the opportunity to experience our excellent range of facilities and have always found our staff friendly and efficient in their service. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the respective departments, and on their behalf I thank you for your compliments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked this hotel for a stopover visit on our way somewhere else, had read on here that the drive up to the hotel was rather strange, and it was, through a practically derelict business park, but we booked the hotel for dinner, bed and breakfast and also booked a club executive room for an extra £7.50 each, we had no intentions of going outside the hotel whilst we were there.

Room was lovely, spacious, clean with a very nice shower cubicle and a large bath. We used the pool, gym, sauna and steam room which were ok, a bit of general maintenance could be done but overall not too bad. We didnt bother with the outside hot tub as it was full of kids whilst we were there.

We went to the Club Lounge, as we were told, tea, coffee and soft drinks were availble all day, well if you like Coke or Tonic Water then you'd be fine. The apple juice and orange juice looked like it had been there a while so we gave it a miss! Tables were quite grubby. We then went back at 6pm for complimentary wine and beer with canapes until 8pm. Unfortunately the tables hadnt been cleaned and again the choice of soft drinks were coke or tonic water, beer and wine as advertised. Once the beers were gone, they were gone, they were not replenished, which we thought was quite poor! Hot canapes were pleasant and whilst we where there they were replenished once!

Had dinner booked in the main restaurant, we had a set menu (still had a few choices) which was absolutely wonderful. Food was lovely. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and service overall was brilliant. Only slight criticism was the main restaurant was a bit cold (and I dont feel the cold very much), but it was a cold weekend and they said they couldnt heat it up anymore, it's quite a vast area with no doors so hard to keep warm.

Went to the bar after dinner for a coffee and again very pleasant. Breakfast was also very good. We had paid an early booking price of £185 for a club executive room with dinner bed and breakfast (included a bottle of wine, which had an allowance of £23.50, so if you chose a more expensive wine, you just pay the difference) which we were happy with. Worked out far more expensive to pay for things as you go along.

To sum up, yes i would recommend this hotel, but have given four stars, as club lounge was a let down and the pool area could do with a spruce up a bit.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room, lovely and spacious
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DawnG1
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we appreciate your comments as they can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I would like to apologize that our Priority Club Lounge was not to your satisfaction, the Lounge is designed to be a small area where our guest’s can relax and enjoy and a range of beverages throughout the day along with a selection of snacks that are also available. Please be assured that your comments regarding the variety and availability of drinks, and the housekeeping of the area has been discussed with the management team and the respective departments have been informed so that we avoid similar situations in the future.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your dinner & breakfast in Glaze Restaurant, I do hope that it was not too cold during the evening and the temperature did not spoil your enjoyment of the food.

In respect to your comments regarding the spa and pool area, we will be refreshing the décor of this area of the Hotel in the very near future, I do hope that you will have the opportunity to experience this.

Hotel Adminstrator
Lancashire
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked this hotel as a stopover when we wanted to eat at a local restaurant; however the hotel became the highlight of the weekend. We found it easily and were warmly welcomed at reception. Once in our room, we were nicely surprised by the quality and size of it, it was huge and we had a lovely desk area for work. The bed was truly massive, at least a king size but could have been super king, and the bathroom was spotless.

We had a drink in the bar later in the evening and this was also a good experience, with friendly, efficient staff and comfortable seating. The hotel must have been fully booked but we still had a great night’s sleep and didn’t hear another guest.

We didn’t get to try to spa but it looked fantastic. We didn’t try breakfast as the high charge (£17.50 per person) was off-putting however this was a personal choice.

Overall, a great hotel with excellent staff. If we’re in the area again we would return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We appreciate your feedback because it can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay at the Hotel was such a success, and indeed became the highlight of your weekend! I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return to the Crowne Plaza Marlow and have the time to sample our excellent spa facilities, and equally enjoyable Hot Buffet Breakfast, may I advise including breakfast as part of your reservation when you make your booking.

On behalf of the management I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I keep coming back to this hotel as the standards never drop. Rooms always perfect breakfast to die for, bar restaurant always lively. Business or pleasure you can't beat it. Only drawback is location but taxis are prompt and reliable. Marlow high street only 5 minutes in car.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guest expect.

I was delighted to read your review. It is always with great pleasure to welcome guests back to the Hotel, and especially when they describe their stays in such glowing terms! Please be assured that I have passed your compliments on to the rest of the Crowne Plaza team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Regards,

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!