“Enjoyed-25th Jan13”

Crowne Plaza Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Booked Hotel for Friday night double room. Firstly getting there yes its through industrial area but if like us its in evening and dark then you'll fail to notice the final sign(small) at the T junction by the tyre warehouse on street lamp-post showing left turn, We turned right and drove for a while as nobody about to ask, so please turn left and then drive for good 5 minutes and you'll see the sign for hotel. First impression car park by the reception has no lamp post so its in darkness. The overspill car park is lit. Reception looked cold and uninviting, but friendly and cheerful staff so that's a plus, given a ground floor room and the room was clean nice and the ac worked which pleased my wife she likes to turn on the heating up.Beds looked nice but i sunk in more then usual so they will need changing soon as its loosing its firmness, but we spent a comfortable night slept well and couldn't hear any traffic or other noise (our room 33). The bathroom makes up for any other downside massive bathtub well lit room and good power shower enclosed , not above the bath (i like). Massive TV and hotel information on remote select from gym to bar and restaurant. btw- the restaurant information is still showing last summers information. Complimentary water in room is only 500ml sparkling so BYO if you need more fresh drinking water. Swimming pool and hot tub checked out was excellent. Bar has comfortable sofas etc only problem was price and availability, Spirit shot £7 Baileys shot £7 so i asked for Rare JB on list was told it sold out so had F Grouse and was charged for Jim Beam was refunded difference. Good points for bar - Its staff very helpful and took care of all guests worth going back after a day out and pay the high price just to get good service while you chill.
Next day breakfast at 10:30 again well worth writing home about. lots of cold meats, speciality breads, cereals, and hot food. Had hot bfast and was pleased with service from happy staff also they had 2 choice of sausages Cumberland or leek & something, Bacon had 2 choice as well streaky or back. My compliments on the scrambled egg cooked well and creamy not like some fast food places.They didn't rush you out and ambience was good.Stayed till 11.00 and still serving other guests which was good. Check out quick and easy didn't use mini bar but they still holding on to my £50 credit card payment as refund takes 10days so hotel is enjoying my £50 credit interest free for 10 days. Must remember to say no next time as its not compulsory. Overall good hotel good service but primerley its a business hotel first, mostly for business and trade people and then us the weekender. Also had dinner out of town at the Royal Oak check out review there. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: our room was on ground floor towards the right as you come in and was good and quite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was pleasant and that you enjoyed the excellent service we pride ourselves with, and had the opportunity to experience the wide range of facilities that we offer.

I am sorry that your arrival was not the most auspicious, however it was pleasing to read that once you had found the Hotel and parked our Reception team gave you a friendly welcome – we understand the importance of first impressions and hope that this got your stay off to a positive start! Thank you for bringing to our attention that the bedroom TV system still stated information from last summer, I can assure you that this will be rectified as soon as possible.

In regards to the pricing structure of the bar and mini-bar, please be assured that we are competitively priced with similar establishments in the area. My apologies that we were out of stock of the brand of Whisky you favoured.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and you wife back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Marlow

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had our work Christmas party here in Dec and stayed that evening.
Reception was quick and friendly. Room was comfortable, the bed was incredible and the shower was even better.
Bar service in the lounge bar was OK. At the party venue service was slow (prepaid bar) and food service was erratic, half the table was served while th other half was left waiting. The waiting staff were unfriendly and relatively unhelpful, lots of avoiding eye contact!
Breakfast was great, plenty of choice and all very tasty but there were no staff in attendance so no tea/coffee.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards we strive to achieve.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the bedroom amenities and had a smooth and quick check in experiance.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the matter of service in the bar and party venue. This caused a great deal of concern for the management team because we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service for all our guests and it is clear that on this occasion our standards fell short. Please be assured that the service you received does not reflect that high standards we endevour to achieve; your comments have been noted and certain issues have been addressed to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Although it's a strange location through an industrial estate, it's enticing, with friendly helpful staff and some unique waterfeatures. A great breakfast, lovely looking lake, and quaint little towns to explore. I heartelheartily recommend this as a weekend getaway for 2.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us, and found our staff friendly and efficient in their service, and enjoyed some of the unique features the Crowne Plaza Marlow can offer.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice welcoming Hotel not suitable without a car. Drinks and breakfast were quite expensive considering that you are staying at the hotel andnotreally able to g anywhere else to eat and drink. Hotl rooms and staff were very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your break with us and found the Hotel lived up to expectation. Regarding your comments about the cost of food and beverages. I can assure you we are competitive with other 4 star establishements in the area.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel this week and was extremely impressed with the service.
When I arrived there was a coach party at reception in front of me (nothing the hotel could do about this) so I went to the bar for a quick drink.
While in the bar I was offered canapés and one of the managers asked if I was staying in then hotel. I explained I was waiting for the queue to go at reception.
Unknown to me the manager then went away and came back with my registration details and 'checked me in at the bar'.
Great service, great first impression, great hotel.
Thanks

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your stay was a success and that you received the exceptional service we pride ourselves on at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Spent a night at the Crowne Plaza as a stop through to visiting family
The location is only convenient for acess off the M40 - but quick taxi ride into Marlow & plenty of bars & restaurants there
Lovely exec bedroom - spent a very happy hour in the bar - good value & great gin&tonic before going out to Marlow
Breakfast was excellent
Only downside - the exec lounge is bland & hopeless as a lounge although drinks are included for exec members

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments which can help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the Hotel proved to be suitable base for visiting your family.

In regards to your comments about the Executive Lounge, I sorry that you found this area did not meet the high standards that were apparent throughout the rest of the Hotel. Please be assured that we do take all our feedback very seriously and will be taking steps to improve this facility in the near future.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The hotel is down a long lane so not near any shops or the town centre. The rooms are adequate but wifi costs an additional fee which is over £10 (can't remember exactly!) Room service and restaurants are both very good and accommodating however I feel over the past year the quality and standard on the rooms and amenities have gone down. There is no longer sleep kits or conditioner in the rooms--I know it may seem silly but as I travel for business I carry on and didn't bring such good because in the past they've been in the room and then arrived to find they were no longer there and there are no stores within walking distance.

On one occasion my sheets and towels were both stained and rubbish was actually in the sheets! When I noted this to the management they apologised and assured me I'd be upgraded and there'd be an apology gift in my room at my next stay. Honestly if they hadn't have said anything I wouldn't have cared but my upgrade was only partial---I had a club room but no access to the club room and there was no gift in my room. If they hadn't had promised I wouldn't have cared.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services an maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was deeply concerned to read that your stay did not live up to expectation, and that you feel that the Hotel is not reaching the exceptional standards that it has in the past. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that there were no bathroom commodities in your room. I do hope that we were able to provide you with anything that you did need, I am confident our Front of House team would have happily provided you with items such as the conditioner if you had requested it. I apologise for this inconvenience.

In respect to your comments regarding housekeeping, please be assured that this is a very isolated incident, the respective departments were informed and the necessary steps taken to ensure that this sort of thing will not occur again. I hope that you enjoyed your upgrade despite not having access to the Club Lounge. I am sorry that we did not provide you with the promised gift, this is an oversight on our part and I thank you for bringing it to the attention of the management team.

I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we care very much for all our guests and I am sorry that you felt that our standards had slipped. I do hope that you will return to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future, your experience last year does not reflect the exceptional standards we strive to achieve.

Hotel Administrator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
#1 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham

Been to Crowne Plaza Marlow? Share your experiences!