Made to feel unwelcome for afternoon cup of tea because we wanted to enjoy a river view at 4pm on a Monday afternoon. Most of the tables were empty at the time. The river was our reason for going to the Complete Angler and without the view we might as well be anywhere. The teas were overpriced at £4.50 each and they had the cheek to charge a compulsory twelve and a half % service charge when we felt their high handed manor didn't deserve any tip. We quickly changed our minds about staying that night and drove home instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after Izaak Walton's famous book on angling, the beautiful four-red star Macdonald Compleat Angler is idyllically located on the banks of the River Thames. The hotel is just a short walk from the Georgian town of Marlow, 10 minutes drive from the M4 and just over an hour away from Central London by train. Beautiful both inside and out, enjoy mouthwatering meals from the recently refurbished, three AA rosette-awarded Riverside Restaurant overlooking Marlow Weir or delicious afternoon tea on the terrace. Alternatively, dine in Sindhu by Michelin-starred Indian Chef, Atul Kochhar. For meetings, strategy days or conferences, our meeting facilities are ideal and our 2 brand new SMART board technology board rooms perfect for inspiring great ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macdonald Compleat Angler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Marlow
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow