We have wanted to stay at this hotel for long time. Our expectations were met, although we did have a couple of problems which were rectified professionally. The bedroom was small by modern standards but as the room was situated in the original hotel block this was understandable, it also had a great view of the lock weir. The food experience was vdery good and I am sure enhanced in the summer when views of the river can be taken in whilst dining. Altogether a great weekend and would love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after Izaak Walton's famous book on angling, the beautiful four-red star Macdonald Compleat Angler is idyllically located on the banks of the River Thames. The hotel is just a short walk from the Georgian town of Marlow, 10 minutes drive from the M4 and just over an hour away from Central London by train. Beautiful both inside and out, enjoy mouthwatering meals from the recently refurbished, three AA rosette-awarded Riverside Restaurant overlooking Marlow Weir or delicious afternoon tea on the terrace. Alternatively, dine in Sindhu by Michelin-starred Indian Chef, Atul Kochhar. For meetings, strategy days or conferences, our meeting facilities are ideal and our 2 brand new SMART board technology board rooms perfect for inspiring great ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Compleat Angler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Marlow
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow