My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic Christmas break spent at this hotel which is as close as you can get to the rushing River Thames. Good location - at the end of the shopping area in Marlow where there are loads of good shops and places to eat and lovely park. Very pretty with all the Christmas lights, especially the church and the bridge which was the view from our window (River views cost more but well worth it). Hotel staff were so lovely, food was fabulous, wine was expensive but very good and the whole experience was just great. Had three nights there with our daughter and new son-in-law - we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after Izaak Walton's famous book on angling, the beautiful four-red star Macdonald Compleat Angler is idyllically located on the banks of the River Thames. The hotel is just a short walk from the Georgian town of Marlow, 10 minutes drive from the M4 and just over an hour away from Central London by train. Beautiful both inside and out, enjoy mouthwatering meals from the recently refurbished, three AA rosette-awarded Riverside Restaurant overlooking Marlow Weir or delicious afternoon tea on the terrace. Alternatively, dine in Sindhu by Michelin-starred Indian Chef, Atul Kochhar. For meetings, strategy days or conferences, our meeting facilities are ideal and our 2 brand new SMART board technology board rooms perfect for inspiring great ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macdonald Compleat Angler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Marlow
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow