This is a nice authentic hotel, centrally located. As of the check in up to check out, all went smooth.
The service is good. The rooms are nicely decorated and are spacious enough. Bathrooms are up to date and all was very clean.
Breakfast was great, sufficient variety at the buffet (cold food) and warm breakfast can be chosen à la carte.
The only minor points for me were that, despite the place is very nice and charming, that the rooms can be a bit noisy and that there was no wifi in the room. (they do offer complimentary internet in the room via a cable, but that's not of use with mobiles/iPads; wifi was available in the public places). If I have the chance, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after Izaak Walton's famous book on angling, the beautiful four-red star Macdonald Compleat Angler is idyllically located on the banks of the River Thames. The hotel is just a short walk from the Georgian town of Marlow, 10 minutes drive from the M4 and just over an hour away from Central London by train. Beautiful both inside and out, enjoy mouthwatering meals from the recently refurbished, three AA rosette-awarded Riverside Restaurant overlooking Marlow Weir or delicious afternoon tea on the terrace. Alternatively, dine in Sindhu by Michelin-starred Indian Chef, Atul Kochhar. For meetings, strategy days or conferences, our meeting facilities are ideal and our 2 brand new SMART board technology board rooms perfect for inspiring great ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Compleat Angler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Marlow
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow