“Overrated and expensive”

Fego Caffe
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Marlow
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our place is your space and you can use it any way you like. Having just a cup of coffee, or a family birthday - we invite you to be our Guest and enjoy your time at our place...
Bucks, UK
“Overrated and expensive”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Following a previous visit when my wife enjoyed the humous wrap, we went for lunch on a busy Saturday ordering two chicken salads and two soft drinks at £25. The salads were small and very disappointing. The chilli salad was simply plain chicken and a small selection of additional salad items smothered in far t much of a sweet chilli sauce. The cajan chicken salad resembled prepared chicken from a supermarket on the same salad, including just three halves of cherry tomato, with a drizzle of dressing. Both fell far short of the description on the menu both in terms of size and quality.
I'll not be rushing back!

Visited April 2013
4 Thank PJL6
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your salads. Our salad dishes are put together with a hearty appetite in mind so to hear that you felt they were small portions does concern me. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and it is something I will be discussing with the kitchen staff. As a previously satisfied customer you will know that we pride ourselves on our quality food and I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

“Too under dressed to enter”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Been in twice now on a Sunday morning with other members of a walking group for coffee.
The staff have made us feel very unwelcome! As a walking group we have decided to boycott in future.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Raibyrd3161
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I was shocked to hear our staff had made you feel this way, I will be making sure all our staff understand that you are very welcome. We support healthy, active lifestyles, which is why we offer a large range of healthy options on our menu. I do a lot of walking myself and know how much a good meal and a drink is needed afterwards, especially with the cold weather we’ve been having. We are more than happy to have you visit us and I sincerely hope you and your group come back.
“Best brunch around”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great food, best brunch around, tasty eggs, good choice, yummy cake and good coffee. Thanks! We will definitely return!

London, United Kingdom
“Very crowded but can't fault the food”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Have eaten breakfast many many times over the years. Amazing little cafe, but recently they seem to have crammed more tables in to cater for the increasing demand. The recession clearly hasn't affected Marlow!

Breakfast is amazing here, highly recommend the spiced scrambled eggs! The chef here also does the best poached eggs I think I've ever had! Never been here for any other meal so can't comment on lunch etc.

Despite the lack of personal space these days, I would and do return often, as do most of the locals it would seem. Have been to several other Fego's but Marlow remains my favourite.

Quite pricey, especially juices and smoothies. If it was a bit cheaper I'd probably frequent more often but seeing as it remains ever popular I can't see that happening.

• Visited March 2013
John201323, Manager at Fego Caffe, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We're so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your breakfast and I will certainly pass your comments about the scrambled eggs on to our chef. Thanks for your feedback about the space - we'll certainly keep an eye on that.
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
“Great for coffee and brunch”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

A lovely cafe that's always popular. Great coffee and perfect for breakfast/brunch. Prices are probably a little too high otherwise this be would be a daily haunt.