“Kenton House is THE place to stay in Marlow”
Review of Kenton House

Kenton House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlow
Kenton House
Ranked #7 of 21 Marlow B&B and Inns
Dover, United Kingdom
“Kenton House is THE place to stay in Marlow”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Kenton House is THE place to stay in Marlow. It’s located in a quiet close, a brisk 5 minute walk or 10 minute stroll from the picturesque river frontage and pleasant town centre. The ensuite rooms are neatly and tastefully furnished and extremely clean.

The light and airy, open plan, kitchen-diner has real wow factor. This is an inspirational extension of the house providing a very different breakfast environment. This is complimented by Christine’s excellent breakfasts whether you opt for cooked or continental options. A thoroughly enjoyable stay; full marks from us.

This was our first visit to Marlow and we were impressed. We would certainly recommend the riverside walk, upstream, along the Thames Path to Henley, a distance of about 8 miles. It took us 5 hours at a steady pace including stops at a tearoom and a pub en-route, before catching the regular bus back to Marlow. Can’t comment on the downstream options as we’ve saved this for our next visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have just come home from staying for one night and our experience was first class from start to finish. A very nice room in a great location with a lovely breakfast and two very nice hosts. Very helpful, friendly and warm. A great base to explore the surrounding beautiful countryside. Thanks again.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here for a night and was disappointed that I hadn't booked for longer! The room was very pretty, well-equipped and clean with lots of little luxuries... the owners are very generous and easy-going. The food and the view over the garden at breakfast were great and I really felt at home! Good location too, less than five minutes walk from the train station and five minutes into Marlow's pretty Town Centre! Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is such a fabulous, exquisitely clean and peaceful place. Christine is such a delight. Ask her to show you the photos of the house before she put her incredible mark on it. It's totally unique. The dining room is literally like sitting outside on a beautiful sunny patio - the whole of the back of the house opens out.
Every little thing is thought of - so many lovely little touches. Classy toiletries, chocolate in the room, really comfortable beds and linens. And such a reasonable rate. Nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely make this our place to stay when we visit the area in future. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: Both rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary C
london
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I booked to stay at Kenton House as I was looking for a Homestay in or near Marlow whilst working as the MC for the triathlon event. I was delighted when my host, Christine said that she had a room available and at an amazingly good value rate. imagine my delight when arrived to a beautifully presented, luxury en suite guest room with all the little extra touches (including a few indulgent treats !).

I had a very busy schedule and check in was friendly, prompt and efficient.

The room was spacious, warm and comfortable. Beautifully appointed with a luxurious bathroom including spacious power shower. I had a 4am start on Sunday morning, Christine made sure that I had a great selection of breakfast options, (which I would insist on being self service given the early hours!) everything I could possibly want was provided and I felt totally relaxed as a guest in their home. Christine even arranged for me to come back after the event to use the room to freshen up.

In summary I highly recommend Kenton house. It is within easy walking distance of Marlow and the train station, with every home comfort one could desire.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EmPowersEu
UK
Reviewed July 15, 2012

we stayed here for onenight as we were eating at the hand and flower. lovely welcome by Chrisitne and shown to our comfortable room. our only disapointment was it was a twin and not a double. The room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. for us though we felt it rather warm at night even with the windows open, but we like to sleep in a fairly cold room. Breakfast next mornig was lovely. the breakfast area was lovley and we were really made to feel welcome. we went for a walk around Marlow after breakfast and they let us keep our cars on the drive, which was nice. If you are looking for a quiet comfortable BB in the area then look no further.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelling_oddjobs
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at Kenton House for a nearby friends wedding with another 2 of my friends and Christine and her husband were very welcoming and also very accommodating even lending my friend a jacket and scarf as the weather was cold! She also ran us down to the nearby hotle the morning after the wedding to pick up our rental car.

The rooms were great clean and bright well stocked with tea coffee and water, and the ensuites were immaculate and the decor throughout very modern but understated.

I would definately recommend and stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends