“First time”

The Chequers, Marlow
Ranked #21 of 76 Restaurants in Marlow
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the historic town of Marlow on the River Thames and surrounded by beautiful countryside, The Chequers is a stunning pub, designed to make you feel welcome from the moment you step through the door.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Living in marlow and always had a good past here at the chequers when it was 'the place to be' on a Friday/sat night we came he because my partner just loves steak, the food was very good, and probably the best steak in the area , however we ordered wine and the bottle wasn't available, the waitress offered something else that then wasn't available, on the 3rd attempt the bar offered a completely different grape variety than what we wanted, in the end I went home and brought my own with me.. Our waitress was very very good. My girlfriend wasn't impressed with the short skirted waitress with her butt cheeks hanging out- but I'm sure the tips are worth it..
Out of 5... A good 3

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had an early dinner at the chequers and the food was not great
the place is a little grubby and needs a good scrub!
The food was Ok to say the least (What we had) The ribs were "Mature" and smelling, definitely going off.
Maybe the steaks are good!

1  Thank wayne020
Reviewed July 9, 2013

At first two of the crew and then three of us sat outside The Chequers Inn on a very hot Saturday in July and enjoyed excellent local ale as well as a very good beef sandwich. Whilst we were sitting there watching the fine folks of Marlow walking up and down Ricky Gervais plus friend walked past a couple of times so that added to the interest...

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is an absolute gem - for meat eaters you will be in heaven!! I'm not but never struggle to choose a mouthwatering dish. The side dishes are always a welcome addition. Meat lovers go and choose their cut of meat from the 'meat counter' (am sure there's a technical term!) and then wait for it to be cooked, it's fabulous and has never failed to deliver delicious meals. The staff are great and can always recommend the right wine to go with your meal, I've been to some places where the staff don't know a red from white, those at the Chequers go way beyond this!! The location in the middle of Marlow High Street is easy to find and you can go for a very pleasant stroll along the river after, or sit outside with a drink and watch the world go by. There is a Sunday Roast every week which is exceptionally reasonable, with yorkshires to die for!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went here with a friend fir dinner .the food was average nothing brilliant but definitely edible . The great service and atmosphere means I probably would return here . Our waitresses were very attentive and friendly .