“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 10 Lock Road

10 Lock Road
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlow
10 Lock Road
Ranked #8 of 21 Marlow B&B and Inns
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed for two nights at this lovely B&B whilst visiting Wembley with friends. I was made to feel very welcome by Zofia and Ian. The double room is ideal for a short stay overlooking the back garden so therefore is very quiet. All the usual requirements are there for you.
The house is situated just 10 minutes walk from Marlow high street and all of the bars and restaurants and is near the river for any sight seeing.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed in this B&B for 1 night. Zofia & Ian are very kind and helpfully. They both speak English in a way, we can understand, what is very important for foreign visitors! English breakfast as we like it and sufficient. This B&B is okay, if you only need a bed and a place to have a rest. The most comfortable bath at our journey. All is very clean. Good meals and drinks in the nearby Pub "The Marlow Donkey". Beautiful environment and a lovely walk along the Thames only a few steps away.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently booked a weeks stay at 10 Lock Road .. Well I thought I had !
But first things first .. I tried to email and telephone to book but communication was very poor. Having failed to contact the proprietress I eventually spoke to her husband who was not able to assist and he told me she was abroad. To be fair I did eventually get a response and confirmed the booking for a week .. I was told I could not make payment in advance, nor would they accept a deposit and they only dealt in cash but I was reassured the booking was fixed.. Fair enough
However I have now received a call from the proprietress who told me of her dilemma .. The guy staying in the room allocated to me has decided he wants to stay longer .. Tough some may say .. Yep, tough on me ! She cancelled my booking !
So I am now left high and dry just before the stay in Marlow .. Replacement accommodation has cost me an extra £280 for the week !
I cannot make comment on the cleanliness, accommodation etc .. But I can make honest comment on reliability and quality of service .. There isn't any ! Be warned !!

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Mrhonestandreliable
Mequon, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed in double room w/ en suite bath. There are also two single rooms. All are on the 2nd floor of the home up a narrow stairway. The owners also have their room on the 2nd floor. The place was clean. The breakfast was average. You are not allowed any access to garden or parlor-a negative for us as the room was so small one couldn't really sit and relax! There is wi-fi access and the location is convenient to the town. There is a good pub about a block away and the rail station is very close too. If you want clean, basic room, this is OK. We will stay elsewhere if we revisit Marlow and select somewhere with garden and/or sitting room access.

Room Tip: The tiny double room w/en suite tiny bath would be the only choice here. Note: you get the room an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Zofia and her husband Ian were friendly and very welcoming. Room clean and bed comfortable,down the road to the Marlow Donkey pub which we had dinner at. Close to the river for walking, wish we could've stayed another night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I stayed at this B&B while doing a walk along the Thames over the weekend. The B&B has a great location, is very clean and includes a great breakfast. The owners are very helpful and were very accommodating when we organised our arrival time. I cannot recommend this place enough!

• Stayed July 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

A friendly reception followed up by due attention during a week's stay in which we were accommodated in the owners' bedroom. Location a couple of minutes' walk from railway station was ideal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Premier Inn Marlow Hotel
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Ambassador Court Hotel
Ambassador Court Hotel
#4 of 14 in High Wycombe
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4

Been to 10 Lock Road? Share your experiences!