“Budget hotel with character in good location”

Premier Inn Marlow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is small, with only 15 or so rooms. It is located in a string of older buildings now connected and refurbished to modern standards. The small, very narrow, and twisting stairways and hallways give it a bit of character, despite the ubiquitous purple decor found everywhere. Its location in Marlow is in the near the main stretch of shopping and restaurants, as well as the Thames and its' adjacent footpath. It's great if you only need to walk, not so great if you have a car - there's no hotel parking. The adjoining restaurant and pub, the George and Dragon, provides breakfast and dinner. I found the breakfast to be adequate. If you choose a meal plan add-on to your hotel room the dinner choices are from a restricted and limited menu.
The room I was given had a firm but comfortable double bed (queen sized in US standards), a small TV with many channels, a workdesk, and full bathroom. The shower had plenty of pressure and good flow. The tub was nice and long, which allowed for a good soak. Things seemed generally well-maintained and clean. There were newer windows installed behind the older exterior windows, creating a very quiet environment despite the traffic just outside. There was no telephone in the room. I had a weekly internet access plan for £10. It was fast, but the connection was flaky at times. If staying in Marlow again, I would come back here if I had no car. If I had a car, I'd go to the Crowne Plaza instead, or perhaps stay in an adjacent city.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Premier Inn for one night as my usual hotel was fully booked. I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and courteous. Really made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms seem freshly decorated, clean, light and comfortable.
My only advice for them is to choose slightly better ingredients for the cooked breakfast for a really memorable stay and to reduce the prices for those who cannot book a long way in advance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here with my family - husband, our two adult children and son-in-law. We just needed a one night stop over as we were visiting a nearby Michelin starred restaurant, this place was perfect. In walking distance of shops, river, pubs, train station and the restaurant we'd booked.

A good value for money hotel in the centre of a very lovely town. The staff we friendly and helpful. Anything we needed - a bucket of ice and extra towels - were provided straight away.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant - buffet style at a reasonable price. No parking was available for us outside the hotel but we were directed to a public one close by, only £5.20 for 24 hours.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Once again we have enjoyed our stay (3rd time) at the Premier Inn Marlow. The staff are friendly and helpful, the room was clean and warm the bed was comfortable and we had a nice view over the park. The adjoining pub/restaurant is nice and the full breakfast great value especially as kids are free. All round, a great weekend in Marlow/Windsor without breaking the bank. Many thanks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding nearby. The staff (reception, restaurant, house keeping) were very helpful and friendly and the service was very good throughout. We had a clean, comfortable room (in fact, we stayed in two as we were moved immediately when it transpired the bathroom sink was blocked in our first room). Breakfast was also good with lots of options - healthy and not so healthy - including a cooked to order full English (which is great as we live overseas so had been pining for bacon!).

Only downsides were minor: limited (time constrained) public parking immediately in front of the hotel though I understand there was a public car park around the corner. Actually that's the only downside I can think of; with service, comfort and breakfast factored in, it was also a good value stay, and we'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We initially had number 6 which was compact (but fine) but moved to 11 which is a much larger, more...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent accomodation, we stayed for a week. Very clean and tidy. Double windows made it very quiet. Staff were very friendly and helpful in helping us find things we needed. Highly recommend.Pub downstairs had lovely food that was affordable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent one night here whilst attending a wedding. The manager was very helpful in arranging an alternative room as we needed access before the 2pm check-in time. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The restaurant was lovely with a good choice of food for breakfast. There is limited parking out front and a councl run car park across the road. It is in a lovely location next to the River Thames. I would highly recommend for a weekend break.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Crowne Plaza Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Hurley House Hotel
Hurley House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurley
Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Marlow Hotel? Share your experiences!