“D'este is the beste”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“D'este is the beste”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiancé and I recently revisited the area and were keen to see if the restaurant was still as good as we remembered. Not only was it as good but the staff remembered us and we felt very special over the course of the evening. If you are a fan of italian cuisine (the lobster spaghetti was a-ma-zing) and are in the area then make sure you don't miss Villa D'este...and save enough room for the dessert trolley.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank davidramsbottom

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Italian”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely meal, had a late lunch there and it was good. The Set Lunch was reasonable and the food choices were excellent. The wine was excellent and would go again, probably for the Dinner Menue.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Ray B
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Italian style in Bucks”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I dont no anything about Italian food, so I am not really in a position to say in sofar as authenticity goes whether or not the food was classic Italian. What I am in a position to say is that I no whether or not somewhere is good or bad.
So lets review. Starting with the obvious, the food, 10 out of 10. The service, 10 out of 10, value for money, you gets what you pay for and I thought that was 10 out of 10.
You may get the idea that I like this place and I have been several times. Last night was my wifes birthday, and we hadnt been for a while, so why not, it made a change from the norm.
Some how they make you feel special, as a collective table and as an individual. The food on each plate was cleared and speaking for my 2 dishes, before you got to the dessert, each melted in your mouth and talking of the dessert, it kept passing by on the moveable sweet trolly, each dessert teasing you as it went by, "eat me, no eat me, no eat me", you couldnt resist you just had to eat one of them.
I could bang on about Ville D'Este, but I dont need to. They have been around for years and you will understand why when you go there. Yes they may have a dip in form now and then, I am sure they do, but they no what there doing and they are very very very good at it.

3 Thank Shon A
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Italian Eating”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Food flavoursome, well presented, well served. Ambience warm, locality good, car parking convenient. I went with a small crowd and were well looked after. The cappacio was great and the stinco agnelo was even better. My only problem was the noise of a full ristorante all talking louder with hard surfaces all round.

3 Thank verywiseman
London, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had my 60th birthday party ten years ago at Villa D'Este and it's was fantastic, the food was superb, the staff was friendly which contributed to a great atmosphere, and I've been going to Villa D'Este with my Family and friends since. It still remains my favourite Italian restaurant with is authentic Italian cuisine, my favourite dish is Tagliatelle L'aragosta.

3 Thank Sergio B