“A lovely place with lovely people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Three Swans Hotel

Three Swans Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hungerford
“A lovely place with lovely people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have stayed here many times of the past few years.

It seems to go through a shaky patch which explains some of the reviews.... However there has been some major changes which have really enhanced the whole experience.

The food is wonderful, the rooms clean and comfortable. The bars are well stocked and the staff friendly.

They even have a reliable taxi service which was a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Markt40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Dinner, bed and breakfast at the Three Swans was a real pleasure. The bedroom was large, airy and spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The big double bed was exceptionally comfy.
There were nice touches in the way of upmarket toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen TV. The young and enthusiastic staff could not have been more welcoming. This is the sort of location and hotel that I would recommend overseas visitors to stay in for a night or two as a way of experiencing what English life is like - from the people dining in the restaurant to the locals making themselves at home in the bar.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary B
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have stayed here on a few occasions on business. I have always found the accommodation pretty comfortable and can't really fault it but what lets this place down (and it really does - hence why I have taken the time to write a review) is the staff. Mainly they don't seem to care. Or they stand around chatting amongst themselves in the bar area. I stood at the bar and 3 different members of staff passed me and completely ignored me even though no one else was waiting. The breakfast is poor. The food is probably better than average but that is me feeling generous. I asked for a hairdryer as there wasn't one in my room - the man behind the desk asked me if I had looked in the draws in my room..... With wet hair at 7am trying to go to work I thought that was stating the obvious somewhat.... Anyway, if the Bear is booked go here but there is not much between them!

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Johnhs, Owner at Three Swans Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
I am puzzled that this review was written five months after the customer stayed. Since that stay (but well before the date of the review) we have a completely new front of house, bar, reception and management team, and as a result custom has increased enormously. The customer is welcome to return and sample the new offer.
Axbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

The Staff were extremely helpful, friendly and went out of their way to help us. The Room was extremely clean with clean crisp linen together with an extremely comfortable beds. A spotless bathroom with everything that worked with hot water forever ! Food was very good with great service. In a nutshell, I would recommend this stayover as extremely good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank David B
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

This was the last hotel in a three week tour of Europe. As we are a family of four with two children we wanted two rooms with interconnecting doors. We were offered an apartment! On arrival we were accused of only requesting a room for three and so there was an additional charge! Luckily I had my email'd confirmation with me. When we finally found our room - it was not numbered but said "Private" on the door - it was in the attic. This meant the master bed was stuck under the rafters, where a very nicely painted black beam was just waiting for our heads to connect with it, as we got into bed!. The "apartment" was also dirty and looked like the dumping ground for odd pieces of furniture. We had booked it for two nights, but we stayed for less than 2 hours! The manager charged my credit card for two nights accommodation; however when I complained I eventually received a full refund. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel for a family needing an apartment or interconnecting rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank lubeelu
Johnhs, Owner at Three Swans Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
We were not able to offer the accommodation required (interconnecting rooms) but asked whether they would like the loft apartment which we explained had been part of the staff accommodation and had not refurbished at that time. Payment is as normal taken on arrival, but always refunded immediately if appropriate, as in this case. This apartment is somewhat quirky, being in the oldest part of the building, and is now very popular, and many guests stay for an extended period.

Travelers are raving about these Hungerford hotels

Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Booked in a hurry when trying to find some convenient accommodation near the canal as we were cycling. What a great find. We arrived looking like we had just crawled OUT of the canal having spent half the day getting drenched.
The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and beds very comfortable. Shower was HOT - and did we need that! The offered secure cycle storage. did not eat in the hotel but spent the evening in the bar which had fantastic service - fast and efficient, they even wandered about when there was time and when collecting glasses offered to get drinks brought to the table!
Breakfast was more than sufficient and very tasty.
Overall - excellent and really improved our trip!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed there from 30 June until 5 July and it was a great stay.
The staff and personal were very friendly and helpfull.
The rooms were very good and we can recoomend the breakfast and the restaurant at the hotel.

It made for us the trip more than complete.
Family Bakker from Holland.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hungerford
The Bear Hotel Hungerford
The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Stockcross
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,630 reviews
Donnington Grove Hotel and Country Club

Been to Three Swans Hotel? Share your experiences!