Clevedon House
$46
$39
$90
$77
Mercure Newbury Elcot Park Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
$78
$69
The Queens Arms(East Garston)
$147
$119
Hotels.com
$336
$326
Hare and Hounds Hotel(Newbury)(Great Value!)
$88
$175
Three Swans Hotel(Hungerford)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshigh streetb bkennet avon canalpoor water pressurepleasant locationcycling tourgreat place to staynice breakfastfull englishyogurtnikki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

For a 4 star b&b we were disappointed. The room was very small along with the bathroom. The shower was 1 minute hot then cold, there was no shelving to put your toiletries on. The complimentary toiletries were minimal so make sure you take your own! The hairdryer lead was not long enough to stand in front of a mirror, no where to sit to put your make up on. Breakfast was warm not hot. You have to pay a daily car park charge that you are not told about, which is about £5 a day. We have stayed in many b&b's and have never been so disappointed. Considering the other reviews we thought this would be a nice place to stay. We would not go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
bannndb, Owner at Clevedon House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

June,I was very disappointed to hear your comment on Tripadviser.You and your husband stayed for 2 nights and never complained once to me about anything.i would have liked you to approach me on the first day if there was anything wrong with your stay. This has been the first complaint that I have ever had and was completely taken back by it.the room you had is the smallest in the house but was the only one left as you booked through Laterooms.I always put in soaps ,shampoo.,conditioners,shower caps and body lotion as well as eye make up remover pads and cotton buds..The hair dryer is plugged under a mirror.Parking is High Street parking and has not been an issue before.Fineally,I am sorry to hear you would not return,but as you didn't pay before leaving ,it may be for the best.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Been asked to post this here by 2 of our engineers who travel all over England and stay in various hotels. This is the first time i have ever been asked by them to write a review! They could not praise this place enough. Very clean, helpful and an all round lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a wonderful find! We had just finished a cycle trip from Bristol and stopped at Hungeford hoping to find a room to stay for one night. Nikki was wonderful from the start, she didn't bat an eyelid at 2 cyclists weighted down with panniers bags, etc. She very kindly let us leave our bikes in a secure courtyard at the side of the house. The room was absolute luxury, wonderfully comfortable beds, egyptian linen, powerful showers. Lots of lovely little touches too...Cotton wool, earbuds, and best of all crystal glasses and a decanter of sherry/port. Soooo welcome after a long trip in the saddle!!
The whole of the house has a very warm welcoming feel to it (just like Nikki herself), it is beautifully laid out. The breakfast was fantastic, the full english and as much tea, juice and cereal as you can manage! Hungerford itself is a great place to visit....the B&B is in the perfect location and central to everything.The antique shops, cafes, boutiques etc. The staff in the shops we visited were some of the most friendly people we have met, very chatty with a great sense of humour...just like Nikki! If you're looking for a beautiful English village to visit and an excellent B&B to stay in while there NIkki and Hungerford are a PERFECT combination. *********
Sorry we didn't get the chance to say goodbye Nikki; we had a fantastic stay with you:-) Good luck with the pups, if we decide on a spaniel we shall be in contact! Sharon & Jon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If I was asked to describe the perfect B&B, I could do it in two words 'Clevedon House'. However this review has to be at least 200 words so I'll give you a little more detail. From the moment you first make contact, Nikki will make you feel at home. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the hospitality is second to none. Breakfast is excellent and there is plenty of variety on offer.
I have stayed regularly in Hungerford and Clevedon House will always be my first choice.
Home from home :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Clevedon BnB twice now and can honestly say would book over and over again. Incredible hospitality, Nikki makes you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. I really feel like part of the family. When staying away from home it is extremely important to me to have my home comforts and feel safe and this BnB is top of my list. Some visitors have mentioned about the parking and yes you do have to park on the road but i can assure you that this is no issue at all and parking fees end at 6pm and your ticket will carry you over until the next morning.
Love it here can not fault it in anyway.....massive 10/10. Looking forward to meeting the Cocker pups expected in Sept. :)

Room Tip: From my experience it doesnt matter what room you have they are all fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business