All reviews next morning free wifi stayed for one night fluffy towels wonderful staff comfortable beds top notch foundation village history chapel peace radio hill conference airport stockholm
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2018

I stayed for one night ahead of my return trip from Sweden to the United States. It was a beautiful and very comfortable hotel right above the great little town of Sigtuna. You can walk into town in about two minutes but it's just above the town enough to be peaceful. The room was very comfortable, the breakfast was top notch and I loved the art and creative decor.

The best part of the hotel though was the staff. When I arrived, they welcomed me so nicely and showed me to my room and answered any questions. During my stay, I also had an issue where I forget my bag in one of the restaurants and didn't realize it until after the restaurant closed. They were so great in doing all they could to help - trying to get in touch with the owner, providing me with a charger, and going to the next morning to grab my bag. Truly exceptional service!

I hope to be able to stay at the hotel again next time I'm in the area!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Karin A, Manager at Sigtunastiftelsen, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, we love our place as much as you, and we are happy that you enjoyed the room and the breakfast. But most of all your interaction with our staff, thank you again for mentioning them, we all really appreciate that.

You are most welcome back anytime!

Karin

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night as it was close to Arlanda airport. The hotel is easy to find with google maps. There is plenty of parking. The room was simple and pleasant. I like rooms without TVs, so it suited me. The breakfast was very good indeed (try the homemade nypponsoppa/rosehip drink!) and included in the very reasonable price of the room.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Karin A, Chef at Sigtunastiftelsen, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Hello Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Review on Tripadvisor, I am so pleased that you found us so easily and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to visit anytime, so we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us whenever you passing by next time.

Karin

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Lovely room with 1917 style decor and no tv which was actually quite nice! The bathroom had been refurbished with hot shower and fluffy towels.
We stayed 2 nights but didn’t eat in the restaurant. Breakfast was fresh fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon etc and what a selection of teas! The history of the hotel makes it a different stay - historical and restful but clever updating of the rooms.
My husband loved the fact there were lots of sockets for his electronics - more than in a London hotel!
Close to the centre but a long enough walk back to walk off your dinner if you eat out.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Karin A, Hotelldirektör at Sigtunastiftelsen, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice Review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will be able to welcome you back to us soon again, if so don't forget to dine in, I am sure you will enjoy a meal in our restaurant as well. Even if it is nice to get out for a walk in the evening in lovely Sigtuna.

Karin Assarsson

Reviewed April 6, 2018

I was looking for a place to stay with 2 friends the night before our flight and Sigtunastiftelsen was recommended by a Swedish relative. It is fairly close to Arlanda, but you will need a taxi if you don’t have a car available.

There were 3 of us traveling together and we each had our own room. All three of the rooms faced the water and had wonderful views. The design of the hotel is similar to a Mediterranean villa. As others have said, it is often used for conferences so the layout is quite unique. I recommend looking at the website to learn more about the Sigtuna Foundation. The history of the concept and the property make the hotel even more special. The staff were friendly and helpful. We even were able to have a tour of the building and got to see the common rooms on the upper floors.

As we were here in March we could not see the gardens in bloom, but I imagine the grounds will be really lovely once warmer weather arrives. The property certainly is a place that lends itself to contemplation and learning, but the location within walking distance to the village of Sigtuna and the lake provided us with activities for the short time we were there. We were able to tour the town and have a lunch at Tant Bruns (loved the meatball sandwich) after we arrived and then do a little shopping before our flight the next day. Sigtuna has a lot of history and charm.

I loved my room - it was just what I was hoping for to make me feel as if I was spending the night in a traditional Swedish home. I wanted something of a contrast after staying in a modern room in Stockholm and this room was ideal in that respect. The bed was comfortable with good pillows and the bathroom was totally updated with a great shower and thick, fluffy towels. Yes, there is no tv, but that was not an issue for any of us. We had an excellent dinner in the restaurant that evening. Our waiter Manfred suggested suitable wines to accompany each of our meals.It was very quiet as only a few people were staying there but we never felt rushed to finish.

This hotel is ideal for travelers as well as those looking for a place for peace and reflection.

Room tip: If stairs are a problem ask for a room with direct access to elevator
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Karin A, Hotelldirektör at Sigtunastiftelsen, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear Nan,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are so please that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back to us during the beautiful summer period. When the Rose garden is in full bloom and the water is warm and enjoyable.

Thanks again for writing such a nice review.

Karin Assarsson

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Fancy a conference venue close to Arlanda airport as well as easy access from both Stockholm and Uppsala coupled with a unique environment in a fantastic setting? Then the Sigtuna stiftelsen (foundation) with it's conference and hotel might be for you. Set on a quiet hill a short walk from the town, it has great views and is nice and quiet. The rooms are small but well planned and as they focus on conversation and interactions there are no TVs so you might have to chat to your colleagues in the bar which is overlooking both the rosary and the chapel. The restaurant food is homemade and very good and the bar is well stocked and reasonable priced. The place has in period been home to most of Sweden's biggest authors. Would thoroughly recommend a stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Sara K, Försäljningschef at Sigtunastiftelsen, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

We are so glad that you stayed at Sigtuna foundation! Thank you for your nice words and lovely description. Welcome back soon! Sincerely /Sara Klingberg, Sales & Reservations Manager