“Hello Dali!!”
Review of Hotel Plaza Inn

Hotel Plaza Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Figueres
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We came to Figueres to see the Dali Museum and the Hotel Plaza Inn is just around the corner. But that's just the beginning. There is parking just a couple blocks away and it's a VERY easy walk to the hotel.

The room is neat, clean and spacious with all the amenities you'd need including WiFi, hair dryer, etc.

The breakfast, for 4 Euros, was the best breakfast we've had in a hotel in a long time. Fresh bread, meats, cheese, cereal,OJ, and yogurt. A great selection of good for the money.

The Dali museum is right there and SO worth the visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Figueres is best known for its Dalí museum which I found amazing. This hotel is in a great location, close to the best restaurants and cafés and only 2 streets down from the theatre - museum of Salvador Dalí and his wife Gala. The staff of the hotel were welcoming but check-in is until 3pm so we had to wait for our room to be ready.
Rooms were clean enough, but there was a sewage smell in the bathroom all the time during our stay. The mini-bar was not working (there was 2 free bottles of waters for us there only) so we let the receptionist know but no one did anything about it. We got a code for the WiFi but it worked only for like 30min.
Nevertheless the owner and the staff were very helpful in recommending the best typical places in town to eat and were super friendly.

Room Tip: If you like to have a room with a balcony then you should make sure it's not on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had an "unplanned" visit when my boyfriend broke his collar bone while on a bike ride during vacation. He was admitted to a nearby hospital. I usually stay at 4 to 5 star so was a tad aprehensive when checking in as there are no high end options in central Figueres. The owner of the hotel made my stay espcially nice. My room was pleasant and had a lovely terrace with a view of the church towers and the Dali Museum. The location was the best on town. I could walk everywhere (most important the hospital). The breakfast was fine. They had good fruit, coffee, and a nice selection of items. The church bells go off every 15 minutes but the patio had double doors and muted the sounds. The WIFI had issues when I was there but the Jamica Cafe 2 doors down had free wifi and was better then Starbucks!

Room Tip: 403 was my lovely room. To avoid church bells ask for room on other side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is fun. It is full of quirky , whimsical art including fiberglass figures and animals. They treat Saturday night guest to a free seafood bbq on the roof. It is comfortable and clean and the staff is helpful and friendly.
They need to pay more attention to the small details. We were charged for 2 days parking, but the ticket they gave us was only good for one day. There was a missing hair dryer in the bathroom and the wire was just taped off and left hanging. The first TV remote we were given didn't work. The safe in the room was locked when we arrived and though we reported it, they never got around to opening it. The initial check-in clerk wanted payment on arrival, but he didn't know how to use the CC machine for our non-chip credit card. The WiFi couldn't be received in our room though it is advertised as being available everywhere

Room Tip: Pay attention to details. They tend to be a little lax on that, but make up for it in other ways.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stopped here for an overnight while en route to Valencia, for my purposes it was perfect. Room was clean and reasonably we'll appointed. Close to Dali museum and heaps of restaurants. Only draw back were the church bells every 15 mins, not the hotel's fault! For the price it was excellent

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of our interrail adventure as I am a keen fan of Dali and I wanted to see his museum, the quirky artwork in this hotel was its main draw as I thought it looked fun. The room was gorgeous and the roof terrace was very interesting and had a fantastic view of Dali's museum. When we checked in we were told about the breakfast times, however with our limited command of the Spanish language we didn't realise that there was a surplus cost. We went to breakfast each day and found the selection very basic. On the first day there was visible mould on the bread which I showed to the breakfast waiter and he only took that one slice away. My partner had croissants and pain au chocolat which he said were rancid cold and greasy. The coffee served was a big disappointment too as they used UHT milk and burnt it! There was a French family there too who didn't like the croissants. The same experience happened the second day but we went there because we thought it was included. When we checked out we were shocked and
appalled by the €8 per head cost of this breakfast. We felt this was not explained properly and there was no indication of the price of this anywhere. When we complained we were met with a nonchalant shrug of the shoulders, we asked for a manager and got given a comment card to fill in. The service received was terrible and we were not offered any sort of compensation for this.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent two days in Figueres in 2009 in order to see the Dali museum, and couldn't have picked a better hotel.

It was one of the cheapest in my European tour of France, Italy and Spain but also the classiest of all I stayed at. 2009 prices 58 Euros per night, with breakfast.

The rooms and service were top class and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The owner was an avid collector of paintings, of all types, and there were hundreds throughout the hotel. There were eight in my room alone. See photos below of my room, and some paintings.

Please note that I had to select a travel date in order to submit this revue, and the oldest was September 2012, so please ignore that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo