“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”

Parque de las Americas
Ranked #55 of 80 Hotels in Adeje
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in, arrived to find we were in a room away in the back and beyond, window didn't shut, very run down rooms, lights hanging from ceiling exposing live wires, just basically disgusting I wish I had taken reviews seriously when booking, yes it's cheapish but you expect better than this, when complaining to girl on reception she told us it was not her problem and had no other rooms!! Spent over an hour on phone to travel agent who finally moved us hotels!! Seriously if you want a nice stay there are plenty other hotels/apartments for just as cheap!! I WILL NEVER BOOK THESE APARTMENTS AGAIN OR RECOMMEND TO MY WORST ENEMY!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LouiseG15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

stayed here many times, did 3 weeks over xmas last year and again 3 weeks this year (7th-28th)
sadly the best 3 star FAMILY HOTEL has lost so much of what it had. been kept awake for a week with fights, screams, arguments around the pool area, as I am writing this I am staring at a massive pile of sick that someone has deposited under my balcony on the grass were the kids play, its been there all day(stinking) security have proved themselves incapable of keeping things under control, I feel I have wasted my money and will never return again... I must add the staff are wonderful and the place is clean, pool area pretty safe for the little ones although they don't allow certain floating devices, it should have stayed a family hotel not a base for drunk clubbers to return to my advice...... don't do it,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter R
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with the girls and was not disappointed. Nice modern apartments, very clean, kitchen with everything you need, beds comfy, safe in wardrobe. Shower powerful but only downside we didn't get a constant run of hot water and the sofa bed was not very comfortable although we didn't complain. Complex clean and well maintained. Nice restaurant and bar area, staff hard working and very polite in particular Jose and lady with red hair. Swimming terrace nice with plenty of comfortable sunbeds and lovely pool. Excellent location with beaches, restaurant and nightlife nearby but at the same time set back and quiet so you escape any hustle and bustle. Weather beautiful and didn't need cardigan at night. Taxi 25 euros from airport. Would certainly return and recommend for couples or families alike.

Room Tip: Room 73 was just around corner from pool area with views of the park and no great amount of steps to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you are getting a transfer bus, beware!! It took us an hour from the airport because of all the drop offs. I was rather annoyed as it was 1pm and I wanted some sun. Its actually only 10 mins from airport so get a cab, less than 20euros.Was also a bit miffed that the room wasn't ready when we got there at 2.15pm. Had also specifically requested a LIGHT room, as I had read reviews that some were very dark if on the wrong side. We got a dark one. and it was v dark. you had to turn the light on during the day in the kitchen /lounge!! Balcony was on the north side out of the bedroom where the other ones had balcony off lounge on South side. Also, we had a locked door in our apartment. It was an adjoining door to the next room which was a bit weird as it felt like we were sharing with someone else!! Could hear everything....Disappointed, I can’t imagine they were fully booked at this time of year.
other than that, rooms were clean, decent pool area. Great location - half way between the strip and the best beach 20 mins walk.
There is a beach within 2 mins of the apartments but the best one is 20 mins walk to the right along the promenade, I think its called Colon beach! lol. there are inflatables in the water for climbing on and a shopping centre behind it. 5 euros for a sunbed.
best restaurant 'Grand Paella' half way to the Colon beach. Sooo much food for very cheap price. If you like fake watches and sunglasses, they will sell you the watches for a min of 10euros so knock em down. Sunnies 5 euros.
Weather was amazing for Nov - 28 degrees most days and we didn't need a cardie for the evening either.
Pubs, like live music? Go to the Dubliner.. brilliant. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the pool with south balcony. Lots of steps for some rooms so not good for less...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Oldham Lancs UK
Reviewed October 14, 2013

lovely modern appartments very clean. central location great pool and pool area never struggled to find sunbeds Quiet for a good sleep but near enough to centre of Las Americas or Porto Colon. Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and a stones throw away from sea front.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank yelkcub
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked here after reading quite a few positive reviews about the apartments. I went with my partner for one week and we loved it. The pool is the perfect size as it never got too busy (although we did go from 01/10 - 08/10) and they serve great tasting pool side food for very reasonable prices (I paid 6€ for a pizza). The apartment we stayed in was clean and modern with a great view. The only downside to the apartment was it was right at the back so there was a lot of steps. The receptionists were all lovely and friendly and the location is second to none right in the heart of Las Americas but far enough away from Veronica's strip which is the lively bit. Monkey beach is about a 5 minute walk away and you are close to a lot of bars and restaurants (I recommend La Cockteleria which is a small husband & wife run bar which is dead close by). We definitely will be coming back next year to these apartments and I give it 4* rating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MXBehr
united kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have just come back from a 2 week stay at this lovely hotel. Staff we are all very friendly and helpful. Hotel was kept spotless. Maids came in daily to clean and towels and sheets changed every 2 days. Swimming pool cleaned every morning. Very close to the beach. Would definitley go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank savannah j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adeje
Apartamentos Borinquen
#30 of 57 in Costa Adeje
Hotel Malibu Park
Hotel Malibu Park
#31 of 57 in Costa Adeje

Been to Parque de las Americas? Share your experiences!