I am writing this review while sitting in the very warm sun using as much of my purchased wifi as possible. Came to the resort 2 years ago but stayed in the Costa Adele Bahia. I said I wouldn't return to the same hotel but was drawn to the cost and wanted some sun. As before the hotel is very clean everywhere and we found most of the staff to be friendly. The food is lovely with some thing for everyone. We tried the Asian restaurant and the Italian . Of the two the Asian was better with both food and atmosphere, loved every mouthful of the plentiful food. The restaurants are all nicely laid and for evening dinner with very smart staff.The entertainment was good but it would be nice to see the acts around small tables rather than in rows like a cinema. We saw the four male singers and an eighties group. The bar area is nice with also a choice of areas in both hotels. Any drink could be had in copious amounts if needed and looking at some people pouring this was very much the case. The rooms were a good size and clean. The bed was very comfortable and appeared to have a memory foam mattress but I may be wrong . I agree with some previous comments the decor and bedding is dated and could do with a good sort out. As a couple we looked for areas without screaming children however the hotel have disregarded the interest of adults in preference to a child friendly playground. There is NO area in the whole resort which caters for those wishing to read quietly and have an uninterrupted swim . I counted 4 small dingies, 2 inflatable whales, 3 inflatable rings and 20 screaming children in the 'adult' area of the pool with a very bored lifeguard who quite frankly couldn't be bothered. I found this very disappointing. Although I am not against any children having fun when you pay to go away there should be choices. So if you are planning a quiet holiday as a couple I would NOT recommend this hotel.
One more thing I wanted to photograph the sun coming up behind the mountain so got up to go the the infinity pool area at 7am only to find 7 people sitting on their sunbeds in the dark tying all things of things around their umbrella and chairs to save for the day. By 7.20 again just when the day was breaking nearly all the beds had gone . I took my photos and walked back to this area at 9am and There was not one lounger in the whole resort available. I asked for the pool man to find a chair but he never came back. The 'no booking sun chair with towel' rule is a joke . So if anyone wants to take photos take a towel and old magazine for the lounger, scarf for the umbrella and joking sun oil for authenticity of needing the bed when it's dark and the sun hasn't even come out.
Bahia do what you say on the notices and adverts. You have a lovely hotel but get some rules adhered to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools and outdoor Jacuzzi pool Jacuzzi (at the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje hotel) Sun terrace Sauna (additional charge) Towel service (deposit required in reception) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym and squash court (at the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje hotel), sports courts Restaurants Bars Wifi (lobby) Meeting and convention room Pueblo Principe: live music, shows, sports bar, karaoke, cabaret and disco Rooms 215 rooms including 3 types: Standard, Junior Suite with sea views and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 single beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped bathroom: bath tub, shower, 2 wash basins, hair dryer Bathroom amenities Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Safe (additional charge) Mini bar Wifi (additional charge) Junior Suite: Hydromassage bath tub, telephone in bathroom, sofa, sitting area Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required Mini Golf. Other services 24 hour medical service (additional service) Laundry (additional service) Shuttle bus to Playa de las Americas (one trip per day included in the booking fee) Incentive and convention service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Sunlight Bahia Principe Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tenerife Adeje
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Tenerife Adeje