We had high expectations for this hotel, considering we have been going on holidays to this hotel chain in the Caribbean, however no comparison is possible....This is not to say the hotel is not good, but it did not meet our expectations.
1) Food: The main restaurant (Teide) is good quality and enough choice, a bit repetitive after a few days. We liked the Italian restaurant Portofino very much, great choice of starters and deserts. On the contrary the Canarian Restaurant Vistamar is to be avoided, food very bad and service poor. Pool bars have limited selection, but are ok for an in between snack
2) Room: Decent size, room for 4 holds a double bed and sofa bed. Double bed extremely hard. We had a room overlooking the pool, with beautiful views but very noisy during the day
3) Swimming pools: there are 3 in total. One in the Tenerife and 2, including Infinity, in the Costa Adeje. Be prepared to get up very early if you want to have a seat at the pool (still don't get this behavior of reserving and even more that the hotel does not take active action on it) , or wait until 4pm when suddenly all the English (majority) leave to get prepared for diner. Pools are open until 8pm.
4) Sports: hotel has 1 tennis court, soccer/basketball court, squash and gym. Gym should be better taken care off, and restricted to adults only. Everyone can just walk in and out.
5) Beach: none!, you cant bath in the one near the hotel, all big rocks. There is a shuttle bus to playa de Americas, but considering the location I would suggest car rental. Best beach nearby (by car) Playa de las Vistas.
One astonishing thing is that liquor and alcohol are available freely all day long. Sangria is even at child level, and I have seen various kids filling their glasses with this drink. Looks and taste likes lemonade, but as it is alcohol should not be this easily accessible for kids. In hotel Tenerife the rest of alcoholic drinks had to be asked for at the bar, but in Costa Adeje even spirits were free to grab whenever you wanted with the necessary drunk and annoying people around. If you don't need to ask for it, people abuse too easily....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools and outdoor Jacuzzi pool Jacuzzi (at the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje hotel) Sun terrace Sauna (additional charge) Towel service (deposit required in reception) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym and squash court (at the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje hotel), sports courts Restaurants Bars Wifi (lobby) Meeting and convention room Pueblo Principe: live music, shows, sports bar, karaoke, cabaret and disco Rooms 215 rooms including 3 types: Standard, Junior Suite with sea views and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 single beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped bathroom: bath tub, shower, 2 wash basins, hair dryer Bathroom amenities Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Safe (additional charge) Mini bar Wifi (additional charge) Junior Suite: Hydromassage bath tub, telephone in bathroom, sofa, sitting area Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required Mini Golf. Other services 24 hour medical service (additional service) Laundry (additional service) Shuttle bus to Playa de las Americas (one trip per day included in the booking fee) Incentive and convention service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Bahia Principe Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tenerife Adeje