3,797 results
All reviews rock royalty steak restaurant rooftop bar silver suite rock star lagoon pool half board bose speaker oasis tower rock music rock spa snow room dj playing building work kids club tapas adult only pool
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2019 via mobile

This holiday was a surprise 65th Birthday present from my wife , as I love music ,guitars , and everything Hard Rock , and believe me I was not disappointed , the hotel is situated in a quite location, apart from the ongoing building work opposite the pool area . The hotel is amazing very modern and spacious and really clean , we where greeted by two bell boys at the entrance and where made very welcome and introduced to Reception , we decided to upgrade our room and we were very pleased with our room on the sixth floor , it was a suite and very comfortable with flat screen tv and Bose sound pod .we opted for half board and there is a great choice of restaurants to eat in sessions is the main one and some you have to book in advance , with half board you get a free drink with your meal every night , which we have had before in any hotel we have stayed in. There is a gym and and a spa and different outdoor pools In various locations around the hotel . Some people could be put off by “Hard Rock” as far as music is concerned but I was surprised how diverse it was and would suit most tastes , I did enjoy breakfast with Hendrix , Bon Jovi , Cold play to name a few . What is refreshing is how the staff seem to do their best , to achieve “the can do attitude “ . The hotel is spotless and was very surprised that another reviewer said it needed a deep clean , that’s not true ! Being a fan of Hard rock and Guitars I was in “heaven”. And you can hire a guitar for your room , which is really a good idea , before you start worrying and get the ear plugs out you get headphones and a small amp , so there is no noise . The only criticism was that although the equipment was good , Fender Electrics , acoustics. They where a bit tired looking and could have done with some attention , the Fender Jaguar had the tremolo arm broken off , and the practice amp had a foot missing , but the experience was good and adds to your holiday enjoyment . On my Birthday I was treated like a Rockstar with some amazing little treats provided by the hotel , yet again another thing they do to make you holiday memorable . There is a free shuttle bus that can take you to a shopping park and if you are a fan you can go to Hard Rock Cafe , the only draw back is that they need to put a few buses through the day as you have to get a taxi back to the hotel . We are coming back next year , we have been to many hotels and I would rate this one as one of the best if not the best we have stayed in . So if you idea is to sunbathe or chill this is an ideal place for you

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank SR54
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2019

Thank you for sharing such an incredible review of our hotel SR54.

It is a pleasure for us to read your wife booked this holiday as a surprise for your birthday and that our team lived up to your expectations making you feel like a real rock stars that day!

We are pleased to read you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our facilities as well as the excellent service of all our team.

Our main aim is to make every client feel comfortable and enjoy their stay with us and your positive feedback is the best reward to the hard work our team does daily.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon and keep making your stay a unique experience.

Reviewed January 18, 2019

I went to the hard rock hotel in Tenerife with my husband.
We booked a Rock Royalty suite.
When we were shown our room by the gentleman from the rock royalty reception, he showed us the t.v – it didn’t work – he had to get a repair man to come and fit it! This needed fixing again during our stay. The room was fine although smaller than I expected. But the service was dreadful. We were meant to have complementary water daily in the room, this was never replenished -if I wanted some I had to ask for it. Same for milk for tea and coffee.
Excuse they gave was that they were very busy!! The mini bar wasn’t replenished at all, until the day before we were leaving!
Face cloths and towels not replaced - again had to request. Day we requested bath towels they sent robe instead. Toiletries not replaced either.I moved the chair on the balcony one day and the floor underneath was disgusting. Picture taken.
The bedding – I asked for the bedding to be changed one day and it was but the duvet cover on my bed was ripped along the seam, there is no way that this wouldn’t have been seen when put on as it was a large tear. As we were in Rock royalty we could use the extra lounge,I went for afternoon tea on a number of occasions and lost count of the amount of times the machine was broken and I couldn’t have tea or coffee -this also happened one evening when I wanted a coffee. There were meant to be h d'oeuvres from 7pm to 10pm but if you didn’t get there at 7 there was very little left at 8. They also ruined our Xmas day - My husband is a vegetarian – he was served a steak! (we had informed them at time of booking of his needs and it did say vegetarian on his ticket) When he complained to the waiter he just stood there looking at him! I had to tell him to take it away! He also requested a beer and was given this in a small white wine glass – but charged £5 euros for it!!!!!!
My meal was ok, but bland, the main course was steak in sauce, no veg, no potatoes nothing!
We complained onsite and were told by the customer service team that my husband wasn’t a serious vegetarian!!!! And that the evening had been prepared with love and the food was only part of it – no apology or any effort to sort it – they seemed annoyed I had complained. They completely ruined my Xmas day! Both by what happened and then by their very rude and indifferent response. We also went to the sports bar as my husband is an avid football fan only to find the big screen not working – the staff said they were having technical problems so we had to go up the road to a bar to watch it. The main restaurant – well what can I say - very school dinners! Poorly labelled, hectic and noisy, no atmosphere. Canteen food at best.
I wish we had booked elsewhere and had never gone to the hard rock hotel – I have had better service in a travel lodge!! AVOID

Date of stay: December 2018
4  Thank karen f
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel cruise23231443671

We are sorry to read we did not live up to your expectations in all areas.

Our team works hard daily to assure we provide the best service to all our guests.

Our team enters the room daily to clean, change the towels, amenities, toiletries, and drinks unless our guests have the do not disturb letter on the door, however if our guests need anything, they can contact our team directly and we will provide them with anything needed to assure their stay is amazing with us, however we do apologize if this was not your perception.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us, however, as soon as you reported the inconvenience, our team was at your entire disposal to assist you with anything you may needed as well as assuring the rest of your stay was fantastic to change your perception, however we do apologize if this was not the case.

For us it is of utmost importance the satisfaction of all our guests and therefore we do hope you can give us a second chance and let our team demonstrate you the excellent job we do daily to assure all our guests are satisfied and happy during their stay with us.

I can assure you will not regret it as we have a fantastic team that work hard daily to assure our guests have an unforgettable time with us.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

Hotel grounds fantastic, pools fantastic, rooms fantastic, kids daytime entertainment and play areas fantastic, food selection fantastic BUT
We've been 3 times but probably won't return as it's pretty dull at night time;
The lobby evening entertainment is okay but not a nice place to sit
16th Floor rooftop bar is stunning but you wouldn't want to do it every night for a week
(by the way when we went in November they didn't offer blankets anymore and gave us a couple of threadbare towels!!)
Anyway in summary; we used to adore this hotel but have now grown a bit tired of it so probably won't return unless they add an evening show or two each week

Room tip: all rooms stunning
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Paul H
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing a review of our hotel Paul H.

We are glad to read you have chosen us for the 3rd time as the destination of your holidays and have enjoyed your stay with us as well as the rooms, pools, kids activities and the food.

We are sorry to read we did not live up to your expectations with the entertainment.
Our Vibe team plays music throughout the day in all our common areas to assure all our guests feel like real rock stars during their stay, as well as having live music in our lobby and restaurants.
We also have shows at our 16th rooftop bar and in our 3rd half sports bar once a week, however we do apologize for the inconveniences.
We have passed your feedback to our Vibe manager for him to take actions where needed and assure all our guests have a great time during their stay with us.

We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back once again and keep making you have a great time with us.

Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights and it was absolutely awful. The photos online look great but in reality the hotel is quite run down and in need of a good clean!
We booked a suite but it was not worth the money. We were half board but as vegetarians the choices of food were shocking. Unless we wanted to eat pizza, chips or dried out tasteless rice we had no choice in what we ate! We discussed this with staff on 3 separate occasions but nothing was done. The buffet restaurant is like a school canteen and should not be this way in a 5 star hotel!!!
I asked the chef who was making our omelettes in the morning to refrain from using the same utensils as handling the meat. I got filthy looks and a terrible attitude. On a separate occasion ham even feel into our omelette. They make all of the omelettes together in a row and cut them up at the end. As a vegetarian I do not expect there to be meat in my omelette!!!
The cocktails are overpriced, the lack of towels by the adult only pool was annoying, there should be better monitoring of reserved beds - people were reserving the canopy sunbeds first thing in the morning and not returning until after lunch.
We had a leak in our bedroom which resulted in a room move. We would have appreciated some sort of compensation for the hassle.
We have stayed in many Hard Rock hotels and this does not even come close to the standards of the others. A Very, very poor stay. Will never go back and shall not be recommending!!!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Caralaurenson
Customer_Care_PHG, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel Caralaurenson.

We are sorry to read we did not live up to your expectations, however your comments come as a surprise to us as we usually receive good feedback from our guests.

At our sessions buffet restaurant our team serve food for vegetarians, vegans and gluten free as well as for the rest of our guests, we have vegetables, rice, pasta, chips, pizza, salads, cheeses, and other food for our vegetarians guests as well as being at the disposal of our guests if they wish to have something different and our team can serve it, however we do apologize if this was not your perception.

Our team is always at the entire disposal of all our guests to assure they have a fantastic time with us and we provide the best service, however we do apologize if this was not your perception.

We have passed your feedback to the managers of the departments involved for them to take actions where needed and prevent this from hapenning in the future.

We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back and let us demonstrate you the great job our team does daily and how happy our guests are during their stay with us.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

Room tip: Book a suite well worth the extra.
Date of stay: December 2018