3,814 results
All reviews rock royalty steak restaurant rooftop bar silver suite rock star lagoon pool half board bose speaker oasis tower rock music rock spa snow room dj playing building work kids club tapas adult only pool
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is amazing. The rooms are to a high standard, beds very comfy and decor is wonderful. We ate in all of the restaurants and food was lovely in each, some more pricier than others. Pools were lovely and choice of cocktails in each one were different. Not much to do around the area unless you like sunbathing and walking along the coast (I unfortunately can’t do the waking otherwise I am sure it would be lovely) but bus stop outside to take you several different nearby towns and the hotel have a free bus into Playa. Staff very helpful. Great hotel experience.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank H3057OQlisah
Customer_Care_PHG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing such an incredible review!
It makes us proud to read your positive comments about the facilities, food and services at the hotel.
We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay in Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife!
It is the result of the great job that the team does every day, and receiving positive feedback like yours is the best reward.
Our aim is to make every client feel comfortable and enjoy their stay with us!
We hope to see you soon again.
kind regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

This review was emailed to customer services, at their request, one week prior to uploading. At time of publishing they have not bothered to reply.

Before I start I should say that this is a 5 star hotel that makes big promises and as such I am reviewing it in kind. At the time of visiting there was a huge construction site across the road, adjacent to the beach area, which was noisy from 7am to 7pm during the week.

First impressions are very good. Friendly, helpful staff greeted me on arrival and assisted with luggage. I was escorted to check in which was relatively smooth although I found out from some of the literature in my room that a number of things which should have been explained, such as how to log into WiFi, were not mentioned.

Staff throughout are mostly friendly and polite. Everyone wears a uniform and are well turned out. Most speak English but some housekeeping staff do not which was an issue. In typical European style everyone loves kids and they are greeted with open arms, literally.

On getting to my room the TV didn’t work and air con was not very cold. Maintenance arrived quite quickly after reporting the issues and resolved them. The air handling unit needed servicing as the filter was very dirty and there was rubbish in the duct. My room was not very clean when I arrived, dust on the basin surround and dark hairs on the floor (I am fair so was obviously not mine. My room was cleaned whilst I was at breakfast on day one, and this was remedied. The next day my hair drier broke and a light needed replacing, neither were addressed despite me visiting guest services. Also housekeeping left dirty glasses and spoons in the room and as the cleaner did not speak English could not understand what I needed. I requested a manager who appeared quickly after I demanded she visit my room to see the issues for herself and was lovely, thank you Ana aka Adele, however the damage was done. The next day a new maid arrived, the lovely and very efficient Sylva, who did an amazing job and was a delight. I had to report a couple of other issues, such as lights not working and the sound system not playing my music, and by then I was totally fed up with the situation. Yes, issues were resolved but needing to report them in the first place was a hassle and meant I had a stream of people turning up to fix things or apologise. Not the relaxing holiday I had envisioned.

Breakfast is held in the lovely Sessions dining room overlooking the pool and with a choice of indoor or outdoor seating. The food selection is incredible. I’m struggling to recall a time I had more choice. Fruit, yoghurt, juice, cereals, cold meats, cheese, salad, cooked sausages - 3 types no less, bacon, hash brows, several types of eggs, both an egg an omelette station, waffles, crepes, pastries, doughnuts, pies, fresh fruit and more. Standout item has to be the chocolate fondue. Yes, for breakfast! Talk about decadent. Even bottles of actimel are available to help digest the aforementioned. The omelette was amazing, the best I have ever eaten. There is a table filled with gluten free goodies too.

Compared to many other places breakfast is served for a lengthy time giving the resident ‘rockers’ time to lie in after partying the previous night. Lots of people turned up in the last hour although there was still plenty of room available.

As you would expect there is music playing everywhere which whilst at a volume that allows conversation and is to my taste might not suit some. My balcony unfortunately overlooks two areas which have different music which was annoying especially as it’s one of the more expensive rooms and I wanted a sea view.

The bed is so large I’m sure it’s got a different ZIP Code for each end! Sheets are luxurious as promised and it was very comfortable, despite being a little too soft. No hypo allergenic option was offered but luckily I did not react.

I ventured to Third Half, the sports bar, one evening. It is advertised as serving TexMex food. The manager was lovely, as were all the staff, and found a baseball channel for me to watch which was great. The menu is more burger and fries, which is what I ordered. It was good and the fries were spectacular - probably the best I’ve ever had. I also tried the evening buffet which was all right but I wouldn’t want to go there every day. If you upgrade at check in you get a great deal on evening meals but a single purchase of the buffet was expensive for what I had.

If you don’t want to eat in one of the restaurants on offer there is a very good medium sized supermarket across the road which sells just about everything you could want at reasonable prices. The fresh bread is great. As the hotel room mini bar fridge is left empty you can fill it with drinks and snacks to suit yourself.

I had my birthday whilst here and the staff left a lovely cake and bottle of sparkling wine in my room whilst I was at breakfast. Then whilst at dinner they decorated my room with messages on the mirrors and balloons all over the ceiling. It was really lovely.

The surrounding area is quiet (excluding the building site) with a small selection of shops and restaurants. If you want plentiful eating and shopping options I’d suggest Playa Las Americas which has a wide variety of both. If you are happy to remain in the complex, and there is enough to keep you occupied, then this is the location for you.

I consider this a good hotel however it lacks some of the little touches that one would expect to find in a prestigious hotel. For instance the room has no alarm clock that is obvious, there is no soapdish, facecloths are not supplied and there were several annoyances as mentioned previously. The open plan bathroom takes a bit of getting used to ad well. On the plus side the toiletries are luxurious and communal areas are very clean. One major flaw, for me, is that despite being part of the hard rock chain there is no Hard Rock Cafe within the hotel grounds itself. I found that very difficult to understand. A shuttle to the Hard Rock Cafe departs daily but is not advertised and I only found out by chance. An airport shuttle is available using one of the hotels SUVs but be prepared to sell your soul if you want to avail yourself of the privilege. It’s an eye watering €89 - compared to a mere €35 if you book a taxi online or €8 in a shared shuttle.

Overall this hotel is somewhat disappointing and has very variable service. I read the reviews before booking and my experience does not seem typical, so maybe I’ve been unfortunate. I’m a huge Hard Rock fan and had high hopes for this hotel. What they do well is very good but I don’t want to be left with problems for them to fix, it should be resolved before guests arrive. There was no mention of moving room or any compensation for my inconvenience and worse still they have not credited my stay in the rewards programme. I was considering staying in another one of the chain but unlikely to do as there are much better and less expensive options.

Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank AlexandraVella

Dear Alexandra Vella
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are happy to read you enjoyed our big variety of food in our breakfast as well as the music played in our common areas.
We do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, however we are glad to know our team solved it immediately and assured your stay was a good one.
Thank you for mentioning Ana and Sylva, I am sure they will feel very proud of the service provided when they know you have remembered them! It´s the best reward to their hard work.
We are also glad to know our team offered you a great service in our third half sports bar and you enjoyed the food there.
Thank you very much for choosing us as the destination to celebrate your birthday and we are glad to read our team lived up to your expectations and you liked the surprise they prepared for you.
I will assist you with the rewards points of this stay so you can have them added, you should be able to see them in about 5-10 days.
And regarding the building works, we do apologize for the inconveniences caused by the noises, however, being hard rock, we have music in all our common areas to assure our clients are satisfied with their stay and try to allocate them in rooms where the noise is inaudible to assure a great stay.
We would like to apologize once again and do hope you can give us a second chance to regain your trust in us and believe me that we will make you live the memorable hard rock experience many other guests have already had. I will be personally on your entire disposal to ensure your stay is fantastic.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Although the hotel had its positives and negatives unfortunately overall the experience was below average. The facilities were great and the cleanliness was to a high standard however the service was hit and miss and the food was poor. The service was quite often slow, for example we had to wait 40 minutes before beginning the process to check into our room, and after asking for help with our suitcases upon waiting over 30 minutes in our room I had to go down to reception and get them myself as it was late and our baby needed a change of clothes. On a positive note as it was late and we could not leave the baby alone in the room, the hostess in the sessions restaurant allowed us to have room service. This service was not matched in the steak restaurant, upon receiving the bill I asked for the discount for our child and was abruptly dealt with in an angry manner by the manager with no explanation other than I had to pay. I lodged a complaint with reception and it was dealt with in a very positive and apologetic manner. For the majority of our stay we used the buffet in the sessions restaurant, the breakfast had a decent enough variety but was nothing special. The evening meals at the buffet were again below average, the selection was not great and the quality again lacking, the deserts on the other hand were very nice. Our daughter is 16 months old and it was quite difficult to feed her an acceptable diet. During our stay though she did have great fun in the pools and the kids club with the hotel staff adding to a very happy and child friendly environment. Unfortunately, overall, I would not recommend this hotel for a half board stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Mike B
Customer_Care_PHG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Mike B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are pleased to know you liked our facilities and found our hotel very clean with the high standards we follow as a 5* hotel.
We are also happy to read your daughter enjoyed her stay and had a great time in our pools and our animation team made her had a lovely time.
However, we are sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations in all areas, as that is our main goal, to assure all our clients are satisfied during their stay and exceed their expectations always.
We are glad you brought your comments to us as it´s a way of improving and assuring we are providing the best service to all our clients and they are happy.
We will pass your comments to the managers of the departments for them to assure this does not happen in the future
We do hope you can give us a second chance for us to demonstrate you how much we look after our clients and how important it is for us your satisfaction.
Kind regards

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

The food is five star top notch no complaints at all .
Staff cheery polite and on the ball .

The studio rooms are a little strange if you don’t want to bare all to the person/persons sharing with you ... bathos in the actual bedroom , shower is literally a shower cubicle so no space to dry yourself off etc step out directly into your room . Same with the wash basins in your room overlooking the sleeping area, the toilet was separated from the room thank goodness ! Tv was viewable from beds not the sofa bed :/
These rooms are not for people sharing with children or couples who like their own privacy .

If it has not been for the big hotel being built blocking the sea view or the other numerous building and road works going on outside the hotel surrounding the pool and restaurant view/vibe I would have rated this a five star.
Maybe when it’s finished I will return but they are never getting that sea view back much to the disappointment of the hard rock !

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Customer_Care_PHG, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thank you for the positive review of our Hotel Leicestershire007.
We are happy to read our staff offered you a great service and you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are pleased to know you liked the food offered at our hotel!
We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced with our rooms and the distribution, however we have different type of rooms for our clients to choose the one that suits them most for them to enjoy their stay and have a wonderful time here.

We really hope you come back and keep enjoying the great service of all our team as well as our lovely food!
kind regards

Reviewed October 9, 2018

what an outstanding hotel this is, the staff are exceptional in every way and beat all staff found in the numerous other hotels we have stayed at in tenerife, they are so friendly and helpful and happy, the rooms are fantastic and the hotel offers everything you need to make your holiday special, we will certainly be returning in the future and would recommend it to everyone

Room tip: our room faced building works foe a new hotel, but we can confirm that the works never infuses on our peace and quiet
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank Colin M

Thank you so much for your great review Colin M.
Thank you very much for your kind words towards our staff, it is the best reward to the hard work they do daily in order to exceed our clients ´expectations and assure they are always satisfied!
It is a pleasure to know we made you feel like a real rock star and we are looking forward to having you back with us very soon and keep creating unique moments!
kind regards