3,773 results
All reviews rock royalty steak restaurant rooftop bar silver suite rock star lagoon pool half board bose speaker oasis tower rock music snow room rock spa dj playing building work kids club amazing hotel adult pool
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2018

It ruined my day of celebration and upset me and my wife big time.
My wife wanted to surprise me and had ordered for a cake for birthday, 3 days in advance. The hotel said it will on the house. So far so good.
However, the cake didn't arrive even after chasing them.
My wife spoke, in person, to the manager and found out that the hotel staff checked my passport to confirm the date of birth. (my real dob is different to that in the passport). As it did not match the hotel assumed that my wife was lying. So, the lady manager questioned my wife and doubted the request and her integrity.
My better-half never asked for a free cake and she was ever ready to pay. We payed 1000+ euros for the stay so another 25 euros for a cake was not an issue at all.
This obviously made me furious and I went to speak to the manager. I showed my facebook photos from last year (exactly a year back) and b'day messages. She did apologized and sent a cake (for free) to my room which obviously we didn't eat (though my daughter was excited and tasted). The manager also extended our check out time which was nice of her and she also spoke to my wife and apologised. It was nice of her but obviously it didn't soothe us much.
Apart from this, great hotel and staff. Valet service is great and helpful. Breakfast was nice with lot of choices. One thing the hotel can improve is to restrict smoking outside. Imagine you (a non smoker) are outside near the pool to have breakfast with your kid and a person in the table next to you is smoking away to glory. Didn't like this at all.
Due to personal reasons I am not rating it high but a nice hotel (4 star+).

Room tip: Take the high floors as the nearby construction noises could disturb your sleep.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank sg2808
Customer_Care_PHG, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear sg2808M,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your experience at the Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife.

Converting all our guests into Hard Rock fans and providing truly unforgettable holidays are main goals of ours and we are very sorry to hear and are saddened to know that we did not achieve this during your stay. All our staff work very hard to make sure your stay is effortless and that all our guests recieve the rock star treatment that they have come for and we apologize that you did not leave our hotel with this sensation.

Looking forward to hearing from you and we hope that you have the opportunity in the future to return!

Rockin' Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Ultra modern, stylish hotel in a quiet part of Tenerife. People who complain about the location should do their research. The hotel is not quite 5 star but makes a very good 4+.

Studio Silver Suites are nicely styled, a good size for families, comfortable beds (though not much storage). For a 5 star hotel a complimentary bottle of water should be replenished daily. The amenity packs in the bathrooms were basic. Housekeeping was generally excellent. The building works could be heard from our room from 7.30am during the week but was easy to ignore.

The lagoon pool didn’t open until 10am, great for preventing the usual guests from reserving loungers at 7am and then going back to bed/breakfast. The hotel would benefit from this policy being in place at all pools! Music around the hotel varied in style and volume, they change it constantly to try and suit everyone’s tastes.

The music was rarely “hard rock” and the hotel is definitely not the party hotel the brand might suggest, which suited us fine travelling as 4 families. We loved the chill-out roof top bar bar for pre-drinks but the evening entertainment in the lobby was strange, right next to the reception desks and brightly lit??? The seating area outside the lobby was nice to have evening drinks and not be too far from the children’s play area. The kids enjoyed dropping in and out of the kids club on the days we were by the family pool .

The buffet restaurant was absolute carnage and we avoided it for dinner after our first night. The food station area is simply not big enough for a hotel at full capacity. The styling and atmosphere was very much “canteen”. Breakfast selection was excellent though and we made sure we arrived early enough to sit outside and avoid the inside carnage that began from around 9am.

The snack bars and deli were great for grabbing lunch to eat by the pool. The A la carte restaurants were excellent, we ate at all 3 of them, twice each. The food, service and setting was certainly worthy of 5 stars. A special mention to Brenda who was so professional, friendly and patient when dealing with our party of 16 one evening. The drinks in the hotel were top quality with prices to match. We were looked after so well by Sixto at the family pool, Raffa and Fran at the Lagoon Pool and Ismael in Aliole restaurant, all a real credit to the the hotel!

Guests need to be aware that when a Lagoon party is taking place (every Saturday), the lagoon pool is closed to under 18’s making the 2 smaller pools annoyingly overcrowded. The adjacent construction site is visible and audible from most parts of the hotel, however, it did not have negative impact on our holiday.

Generally, the service around the hotel was excellent, everyone appeared happy and friendly with the exception of a small few. The hotel is kept immaculately clean throughout, with the exception of the pool toilets, cleaning could be improved and several had smashed doors and locks, far from 5 star quality. There should be designated smoking areas around the pools and outdoor restaurant terraces. One of the glass lifts broke down with our family of 4 trapped inside. No one responded on the emergency call button inside the lift and we were eventually rescued after phoning a friend who alerted staff.

This is a very busy, lively, family hotel with a trendy vibe and I’d recommend it to others looking for that same criteria. It lacks that exclusive luxury feel around the pool areas due to the busyness. It is a hotel I’d consider coming back to in future but not during the busy summer holidays!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank LilybellLula
Customer_Care_PHG, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear LilybellLula,

Thank you so much for taking the time reviewing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife and for choosing our hotel for your stay in south Tenerife.

The entire team is thrilled to find our you have experienced the “true Hard Rock experience” during all your stay.

Best rocking regards

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I never leave reviews but feel I must on this occasion. We've just returned from a 7 day family holiday at HRH. It was the most relaxing holiday we've had in years. We were a bit apprehensive about using the kids club as my 5 year old son has autism but we needn't have worried as all the girls are fully trained. From day one we were assured that my son and 4 year old daughter would be fine and indeed they were. They looked forward to using the kids club every day giving myself and my husband a much needed break. Myriam, Joaqui, Ana and all the girls we can't thank you enough and are already planning to return next year.

Room tip: Pool facing rooms can be noisy with late night entertainment
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mandyfarrell

Dear mandyfarrell,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your experience at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife.

We are truly happy to find out your stay ended being a total success. We all appreciate your compliments. Comments like yours keep us moving forward, our best motivation is knowing that you had a great time.

We hope you have the opportunity to come back soon, all our facilities will be waiting for you!!

Best rocking regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely amazing, went on a couples holiday.. so much entertainment in the hotel, rooms are very nice, big selection for the breakfast !! Overall a lovely stay, staff are very welcoming and helpful !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello dnoel16.,

Wow!!! Thank you so much for your owesome feedback. We appreciate very much the time you spent reviewing us and most important, for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife for your stay in the island.

We hope to see you very soon!!

Best rocking regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Just finishing our third visit to the hotel, honestly leaving disappointed. Big hotel being built next door which although notified about did cause noise both early mornings when they started and throughout breakfast and at the two main pools. What we were not notified about were the two huge events that made the beach club out of use for two days of our holiday. The first one the 80’s concert the 2nd the nightmare that is the beach club pool party. Final days of school summer holidays and they close offthe beach club entirely meaning at 11am there are NO sun beds but also the adults and family pool and swamped with children purely due to no capacity as beach pool closed. Add to the mix the obscenities coming from the DJ sets echoing around the hotel it is highly inappropriate and very badly managed.
Rooms on this occasion cleaned to a poor standard - dirty glasses for days.

Buffet food standard massively slipped

I think our Tenerife 5* treasure is no more

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Jack L

Dear Jack L,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay at Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities, but we are disappointed to hear we did not meet your expectations completely.

All our teams throughout our different departments work very hard to make our guests feel comfortable and offer a top-quality service along with top-quality products. We want our guests to leave with the feeling that all their expectations have been met and wanting to come back.

We take very good note of your comments and we thank you for bringing them into our attention, as they help us improve in many aspects.

We will continue to work very hard in order to offer our guests the best possible service.

Best regards,