“magical !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adeje
Hacienda Cristoforo
Ranked #6 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Adeje
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“magical !”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have been to Cristoforo many times and it has always been a magical experience. There is beauty everywhere around you. It's wonderful place to relax and " disconnect" from it all. Highly recommendable !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
22 Thank Olivia P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Oesterbro, Denmark
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Visiting Cristoforo was an amasing experience. I can only recomend you to give yourself the plesaure and experience. It is incredible authentic and calm, and it truly works.
Denis the forunder is a genuien person and are providing a true peace to the place.
The food was extremly good, we had all our meals at the place, and have not regretted that. Really an extrodinary healthy and tasty experience.
Lastly I will comment the looks and feels, it is so beuatiful and original, it is food for eyes and soul.

We will be back soon
Alex and Tina

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
22 Thank Alex R
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Staying at the Hacienda Cristoforo is a unique experience - I stayed for 5 nights to take part in a week long Lishi tai chi/qi gong course on site (superb teachers!) The Hacienda has beautifully designed individual guest houses, each with their own character; a sense of local community from the people (a lot of them volunteers) who maintain the place, also those who come for the various activities. The owner, Denis, has a philosophy and vision of harmonious living, and everything at Cristoforo aims to maintain this tranquillity. If, like myself, you are accustomed to hotel service, you might be surprised by the quiet, discreet and unobtrusive manner with which guests are welcomed. I think a big part of the hospitality is to give visitors space to be quiet and undisturbed, allowing for private meditation and reflection in the lovely setting. I quickly discovered that a warm, sincere and exceptionally helpful level of care exists at the Hacienda. Denis personally drove me to the nearest supermarket to buy drinking water when I arrived thirsty and without supplies. The efficient and multilingual receptionist Rosa (who is on site weekdays from 10 til 2pm) did her best to track down the mobile phone I'd left in the taxi from the airport. Rosanna, who cooks delicious vegetarian food (and also teaches classes in vegetarian cuisine) was most gracious and flexible in meeting the different dietary needs of some of my fellow guests. The nights at Cristoforo are especially peaceful (although there was company available, meals can be shared at the communal kitchen, so solitude is optional.) The Hacienda is lit mostly by moon and starlight, so it is like going back to a more peaceful time before hotel chains existed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
27 Thank Penny S
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have visited Hacienda Cristoforo three times and will return again in December. Hacienda Cristoforo is really an "environmental therapy" retreat in the Canary Islands. It includes beautiful gardens with integrated volcanic stone houses with hand-crafted wood and works of art and sculptures - all created by its charming owner and architect, Denis Devaris who is there to welcome the guests.

The individual houses have a nice warmth to them. My favourite is Cinco Peldanos (Five Steps). I have included a photo.

During the day you can just rest by the rock pool, which is fed by a "stream" of water cascading through "flow forms". Holistic therapies are available if you wish, such as massage which I enjoyed very much. There were also Yoga classes and Reiki available, amongst other therapies .

I enjoyed the presence of a small Waldorf kindergarten crèche that is on the property. The children attend from 9am till 2pm and visit the gardens at a set time singing and playing happily with their teachers.

Restaurants, shops and beaches are only a 5 minute drive by car, which I found very convenient. A nice public beach very close is called Callao Salvaje where they also have a good restaurant overlooking the beach. My favourite beach was El Duque.

All of these factors combine to make Cristoforo a harmonious and peaceful place to rest, reflect and recharge.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
26 Thank CRW1955
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First of all I must say that I don't understand the negative reviews expressed here. The owner is charming and genuine, who welcomes people to the oasis that he built himself over around 40 years. I cannot imagine that events happened as described, as it goes against everything I have witnessed there. The Hacienda Cristoforo is completely unique. Each house is built from simple materials (mostly wood & stone) and every one has its own character, making up what is a little like a medieval (in a good sense) village. It is a place that just makes you smile, due to the immensely human(e) way everything was designed (serendipity, simplicity, love for nature come to mind). Don't expect 24-hr pampering...this is not that kind of place: This is a place to relax and enjoy a break from pressures of everyday life and soak up nature and the genuine atmosphere, away from consumerism and the usual standardised and sometimes de-humanising tourist offerings that are dished out by the tourist industry...

Room Tip: Look at the plan of the village to see what you want to be close to (pool, reception etc).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
29 Thank pedrito69
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have visited Cristoforo many times. When entering the gates one immediately feels calmer and free of all the stresses of the modern world. Everywhere you look there are antique artefacts carefully nestling within the beautiful gardens that creates an overall ambience of tranquillity and charm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
24 Thank ddd666
Battle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you decide to go, proceed with caution. In my opinion they make up the prices depending on your nationality and their own judgement of what they think you can afford.
Having hoped for peace and tranquility, the enjoyment of my holiday was spoilt by the owner's greed and I left with a stressful experience where he tried to fleece me for an extra 200 Euros and attempted to get in my car to avoid me leaving when I refused to pay it. He even had the audacity to say that I arrived there with "mal intentions" - Unbelievable and a total contradiction to the image of peace they try to portray.
I stayed there for 10 nights with my 3yr old daughter on the recommendation of a friend. At the time of booking I was quoted a price of €50 per night. I specifically asked about my daughter and was told the price was per room not per person, that I would receive email confirmation and be required to pay a deposit. A few days before, when I heard nothing, I contacted my friend who was already there and she said she checked and it was all fine.
When I got there, the guy I had been dealing with had left, and the owner and new receptionist told me it would be an extra €20 per night as my daughter was over 2. They accepted no responsibility for the miscommunication and expected me to pay the extra, offering a discount of just €25.
I advised that they should publish their prices on their website, in their office and confirm with guests before they arrive, not surprise them when they get there. Incidentally they produced a price list some 3 hours after I challenged them on it - I will leave you to make your own judgements about that.
My room was nice, but had no fridge or kettle and I had no hot water for more days than I had hot water. My room was cleaned once, I had to ask for towels and toilet paper and empty the bins myself. I would never go back and I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family