On arrival: A complimentary drink at the piano bar whilst our bags were taken to the room. The reception was excellent and as an international hotel they are very helpful.
Restaurant: has 2 sittings so that everyone is allocated their own table and you can then just walk in between your allocated time and you don’t have to cue as with some hotels. There is no problem in changing your time either.
Buses are cheap and a stop just outside the hotel, plus you can tour all over the island for very little. You also have a Saturday market just up the road, so dont worry about travelling to Los Cristianos market.
The hotel itself is beautiful and kept extremely clean. Staff are polite and helpful. The room was what we expected and I did like the sun loungers on the balcony. I had emailed the hotel and asked for a sea view (I understand you have to pay more for this though) but they did give us a side sea view room on the 7th floor. It was very nice as we got the sunset and lets face it, I dont spend my day in the room anyway!
By the pool, even with a lot of people, there is a serene feeling (maybe because its not full of kids) and sun beds are plenty. There is a sister hotel to share with though.
Beware, pricing was inconsistent, so check before ordering as guest have no way to check. Some waiters had to guess the price as they couldnt find it, once we had to pay nearly 10 euro for 2 soft drinks.
Through the private gate you have the sea and a very short walk to a sandy beach. There is not much to do in this area and the shops are expensive so be prepared to travel if you want to explore but for a relaxing and quiet holiday this is the hotel for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Costa de Adeje* 9 storey building* Located on the seafront * 21,000 garden * 150 m from Playa del Duque beach * Entertainments and shopping centre are within 1,8 km distance in La Caleta * 22 km from Internacional Airport Reina Sofía Tenerife Sur (TFS) * 150 m from a bus stop * The hotel has been completely refurbished in spring/summer 2015 * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje