I have to admit from the moment the travel agent mentioned Tenerife, we were somewhat put off by the idea as its known for being rather tacky and very Benidorm. But I have to say how wrong we were about the resort (Costa Adeje & surrounding areas)
From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we were made to feel very welcome by the ever so polite, friendly and efficient staff. The hotel was very clean and certainly one of the nicest in the area. The bedrooms were spacious and clean, and the maids done an outstanding job in cleaning our room.
I guess the highlight to the hotel would have to be the restaurant. The food was outstanding and plentiful. Freshly prepared and constantly being rolled out. Freshness was the key.
You would have to be naive if you were to say there was no selection. There was everything for everyone, from freshly cooked fish and meat to an abundance of salad and desserts.
There was pizza to pasta, fresh fruit to ice cream. We were totally spoilt for choice.
The staff throughout were very attentive and very polite. Nothing was ever too much, so a big thank you to them.
Some people on here have complained about the birds in the outside terrace, I assure you this was never a problem.
There was a short queue to get seated outside, but that died down very quickly as turnaround was fast.
I also have to say a big thank you to Gemma (Our Thomson rep) who heavily pregnant done a fantastic job in making our holiday a pleasurable one. Her advice on restaurants was second to none. (especially Jamon Jamon in San Juan) There was no hard sell and her knowledge of the island was outstanding.
The pool area was clean and accommodating. Plenty of sun beds, although you still have the odd few whom have to claim their bed with a towel at 6am....why I don't know.
My only gripe (well not mine but my girlfriends) would be.....ladies, take your own hairdryer, as the ones in the room have hardly any power and was quicker to dry your hair on the sun on the balcony.
A short 5 min walk from the back the hotel is La Calete (not 100% of spelling) where the restaurants and bars are very cosmopolitan and the beach golden, unlike the rest of the island. A nice place to spend the day and night.
Other than that, a fantastic hotel, wonderful staff and lovely resort. Would recommend to anyone, whatever their standards.
Thank you Hotel Riu Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Costa de Adeje* 9 storey building* Located on the seafront * 21,000 garden * 150 m from Playa del Duque beach * Entertainments and shopping centre are within 1,8 km distance in La Caleta * 22 km from Internacional Airport Reina Sofía Tenerife Sur (TFS) * 150 m from a bus stop * The hotel has been completely refurbished in spring/summer 2015 * Accepted Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje