Myself my husband and our 7 year old booked this holiday a day before we went, very spur of the moment due to my husbands job. We asked for a child friendly hotel with kids clubs or things for kids to do. And all inclusive. We didnt get either. And didnt know until we arrived. The hotel is beautiful, food was good most evenings and was an each as much as you like buffet at breakfast lunch and dinner. This hotel doesnt do all inclusive though. So you have to pay for all your drinks snacks etc througout your stay. The pools were lovely and clean and fairly warm for April. Staff were friendly and very helpful when I lost my camera. Which I later got back. The evening entertainment is some what hit and miss, and to be honest was okay to go for a glass of wine but not much fun to be had. It was mostly dancers and singers of which sung in spanish pretty much the whole time. This hotel doesnt have ANY clubs for children and although there were children at the hotel 99% of them didnt speak english so our son found it very hard to make friends and this is a boy who could make friends with anyone normally. I think if there had been a kids club he would of made friends alot easier. However their is a sister hotel across the road which is also a Riu hotel. In there they had a little kids disco every evening, it only lastes an hour and was the same every night i.e a member of staff doing little dancd rountins witht he kids etc and that was pretty much it. We were told that we could use this facility as we were in the toher rui hotel. We also went to an evening there that had a magician which was a good evening but other than that it wasnt any better enterainment wise. Dont get me wrong we had a wonderful stay at tthis hotel it was just missing a few important (to us) things. If you have more than one child then its probably perfect as they can play with each other. Rooms were lovely a big, air con was okay and the rest of the hotel was lovely. The area is lovely and lots of nice places you can walk to.
There is also a lovely resturant that you have to book into which is an ala cart resturant, it was a nice change from the buffet. Its still inlcuded into the cost of your eating so no extra charge.Very nice food and great service. They even made our son a pizza! all in all lovely hotel would reccommend just a little bit borning for kids
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Costa de Adeje* 9 storey building* Located on the seafront* 21,000 garden* 150 m from Playa del Duque beach* 1.5 Km from various shops* 22 km from the airport* 150 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife Adeje